Stuffed Turai- zucchini – Turai Sabzi (Bharwan) or Stuffed Sponge Gourd- Step by step recipe. Turai or Sponge Gourd is one such vegetable that is rarely focused on, as it lacks a rich intrinsic flavour and is very mushy in texture. Bharwan Turai or Stuffed Sponge Gourd is easy to make yet delicious recipe of Sponge Gourds aka Turai/Tori that will definitely top the culinary charts at your home.
Sponge Gourd -Sponge gourd is quite lower in immersed fats as well as calories. It contains high amounts of dietary fibre, vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron, and magnesium.
- Blood purifier: it is said to be an excellent blood purifier as it flushes out the pollutants from the blood.
- Prevent Diabetes: gourds have insulin which is extremely beneficial for diabetes.
- Good for the stomach: it prevents indigestion which leads to a healthy stomach.
- Skincare: fully grown gourds can be used as a scrubber. It helps to eliminate dead skin cells from the body or face.
- Weight loss: it helps to prevent cholesterol therefore it helps to lose weight.
- As it is good for the stomach it cures jaundice.
- Other than the food, Sponge Gourd can be coupled with other vegetables to use plastic recycling.
A very delicious way of preparing simple tori …… kid’s always complaining whenever I use to make tori in my home then I started making it this way… and u know this was so hit that they started liking it so much that now they ask me to make this.
How To Make Stuffed Tori:
Peel and slit zucchini
Grate onion, ginger and chopped green chilly. Heat oil in a pan roast grated onion and ginger. Sauté till oil separate add tomato puree and all dry ingredients. Mix well to form a semi-dry mixture
Furthermore, Fill this mixture in the slit of zucchini. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp of oil. Add all stuffed tori in this pan and cook till turn soft
Finally, i would like to share few more recipes from my blog:
STUFFED TURAI || SPONGE GOURD || STUFFED ZUCCHINICourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
stuffed Turai or Stuffed Sponge Gourd is easy to make a yet delicious recipe. This summer vegetable is so tasty and kids friendly too.
Zucchini or tori……………….8 to 9 medium-sized
Ginger…………………….11/2 inch piece
Tomato puree…………2 tbsp
cumin powder………….2 tsp
Amchoor/dry mango powder……1tsp
Red chilly powder……..1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sauf /fennel powder…………… 1 tbsp
Coriander powder……..1 tbsp
Pinch of sugar
- Peel and slit turai / zucchini
- Grate onion, ginger and chopped green chilly
- Heat oil in a pan roast grated onion and ginger
- Sauté till oil separate add tomato puree and all dry ingredients
- Mix well to form a semi-dry mixture
- Fill this mixture in the slit of zucchini
- Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp of oil
- Add all stuffed tori in this pan and cook till turn soft
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food