SPINACH, CORN AND MUSHROOM LASAGNE || EASY RECIPE
Spinach, Corn & Mushroom Lasagne. This veg lasagna is cheesy (of course), and loaded with vegetables, spinach and a simple tomato sauce. If you ever heard that nothing can beat a chicken or meat lasagne this lasagna will change your mind. I’m sure of it.
Winter mornings are very pleasant in India. I generally avoid making anything exotic in the mornings. I usually serve leftovers or just cereal as everyone in my family is generally busy with morning chores. However, today was a special day as we were enjoying a holiday with a cup of coffee and cookies. In fact, my daughter suggested that we should all cook together and make something cheesy like lasagne for brunch.
I felt so happy because both my daughters were helping me out and making vegetable lasagne for the first time. My husband and I were also participating though. We were all excited to make the veg lasagne and started gathering all the ingredients.
My daughters were helping with the chopping while my husband prepared the griller so that we can dehydrate the vegetables.
I was looking for lasagne sheets and luckily got a packet with around 10 sheets in it. Without wasting any time, I washed them and put them on the stove to boil.
Mushrooms and corn are our family favourites. So, I made it a point to use mushrooms and corn as the main ingredients for the veg lasagne.
My favourite recipe of veg lasagne:
I love baking !! Veg Lasagne is one of my favourites. I make it in many ways this is one of my very popular recipes. If you feel that making lasagne is very difficult then go through this recipe you will find it very simple.
Finally, I would like to suggest you few more recipes from my blog :
VEG LASAGNECourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
- For Lasagna
lasagna sheets – 8 dried
For spinach cheese sauce:-20-spinach leaves(blanched in boiling water and drained)
100gm+ 2 Tbsp-cheese(Britania cheese) u can take cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese as well
- For Tomato Sauce:-
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
11/2 tsp salt
1tsp brown sugar
1- capsicum diced
1/2 cup- corn
1/2 cup -mushroom diced
500 gm- tomatoes -blanched and chopped
2tbsp- tomato puree
- For Spinach White Sauce:-
3 Tbsp-melted butter
3 Tbsp- maida(plain flour)
2 cups of milk
2 pinch jaiphal(nutmeg)
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
- To prepare tomato sauce heat a pan adds 1 tbsp butter/olive oil and add corn, mushroom and capsicum in it sauté for a min. and put all the other ingredients in a pan and cook till sauce is thick.
- To cook spinach white sauce place melted butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat and stir in a nutmeg powder, black pepper, and flour and sauté for about 1/2 min add spinach, remove from heat gradually pour in the warm milk until the sauce thickens stirring continuously add 2 Tbsp cheese in it stir well.
- boil lasagna sheets in a pan full of water with 1tbsp oil drain water when done and rub oil all over
- To assemble the lasagne, grate cheese, spread half of tomato sauce at the bottom of the baking dish arrange sauteed baby corn and mushroom(half portion)
- Place two pasta sheets side by side on the top of tomato sauce spread 1/3 of the white sauce on the top of the sheets.
- Now spread another layer of pasta than a layer of vege. put a layer of cheese and then pasta then put another layer of tomato sauce put final layer of pasta and white sauce so as to cover it completely sprinkle lots of cheese on top.
- Place the lasagne in a preheated oven at 180c and bake for 25-30 min let it set for at least another hour before serving reheat before serving