Cabbage and Carrot Dry curry recipe- Dry curry recipe is a simple day to day recipe. This recipe of stir fry is so simple to make that even amateur chefs can try their hands on it.
A simple stir fry of vegetables with mustard seeds, chana dal, curry leaves and hing. Cabbage and carrot are a really good combination to be your side dish for a lunch or dinner thali.
Dry curries like cabbage and carrot dry curry are a very important part of Indian cuisine. We often keep dry curries in our lunch or dinner thalis. Stir-fries are one of the most important things in our cuisine. We prefer to make dry curries in a cast-iron skillet. Cast iron adds a special taste to curries. However, Other than cabbage and carrot curry we make so many types of dry curries like:
Why This Recipe Is Special:
- This recipe is very simple to make
- stir fry is good for weight loss
- recipe is vegan
- it can be a gluten-free recipe, just avoid asafetida (Hing). There will be no change in taste.
CABBAGE AND CARROT DRY CURRYCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, south indianDifficulty: Easy
cabbage and carrot dry curry is a delicious day to day curry that we make for lunch or dinner. curry best goes with chapati.
1 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
2 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi) , shredded
8 Curry leaves
2 Green Chilli , slit
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
Coconut Oil , as required
Salt , to taste
- Clean wash and soak chana dal in one cup of water for half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash, drain remove core and shred or grate cabbage. peel wash and grate carrot .wash and pet dry curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron Kadai. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chillies and soaked chana dal.
- Add Maggi bhuna masala ginger garlic paste and add cabbage and carrot in it mix well and cook until soft. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix. add coconut and mix well.
- Garnish with scraped coconut and serve hot.
- Maggi bhuna masala is easily available in Indian stores.