Sharing a spicy paneer dish called Paneer Korma. Paneer korma recipe with step by step pictures. KORMA OR KURMA is a curry made with nuts, seeds, coconut or yogurt. It can be made with veggies, meat or even with paneer. This paneer korma is a home style dish & is made with simple ingredients. It tastes very delicious and is not creamy like PANEER BUTTER MASALA or PANEER MAKHMALI
Paneer Korma is a Mughlai style Paneer dish where paneer cubes are cooked in a rich onion based gravy. This Indian curry is rich and creamy and goes well with breads. Here is how to make Paneer Shahi Korma recipe.
By now, from my posts you must have noticed that through the army we got the opportunity to travel all around. Having had that experience, when I compare the different cuisines of indian I find different recipes for paneer korma everywhere. Some use tomatoes and others use curd, some people even use a coconut base for this recipe. I adapted a mixture of all. A little curd with tomato-onion gravy followed with coconut milk gave this recipe a different yet tasty twist. My version is a little spicy, although, you can adjust the spice according to your taste. I’ve named it ‘Fire On The Wok’. Try my version of curry and let me know how you like it in the comments.
Few More Recipes You Would Like To Visit :
Paneer Korma is a Mughlai style Paneer dish where paneer cubes are cooked in a rich onion based gravy. This Indian curry is rich and creamy and goes well with breads.
- Paneer/ cottage cheese……1/2 kg
- cumin seed……….1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder…..1/4tsp
- Cardamom small…….1
- Dry *masala:-
- Coriander powder…….1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder…….1 tsp
- Turmeric powder……..1/4 tsp
- kasoori methi................2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Onion chopped…….2
- Tomato puree………3tbsp
- Cashew paste ………..2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste……2tsp
- Green chilly……………2
- Crud………….2 tbsp
- coconut milk…..2 tbsp
- Dry fruits (cashew and almonds)……4 to 5 each
- Oil…………2 tbsp
- * In India masala is basically mixture of spices ..
- Cut cubes of half the quantity of cottage cheese and crush rest
- chopped onion very finely ,chop green chilly
- Heat a pan with oil in it, put jeera & cardamom stir till jeera turn golden in colour
- Put ginger garlic paste , green chilly and onion in it and mix properly stir till oil separates. add curd in it and stir well
- Add tomato puree and cashew paste in it stir and add dry masala in it cook till oil separates put little sugar just 1/4 tsp in it.
- Now add coconut milk in it stir on low flame.
- Add crushed paneer in it mix well cook for two to three min.
- Add paneer cubes in it and mix
- Garnish with fresh green coriander and serve with hot crunchy parantha’s (Indian bread)
- Do not cook much after adding coconut milk to prevent curdling.