MATHRI || CRISPY SALTED FLAKY SAVORY || SUHALI
very crispy and healthy snacks this you can use for papri chaat. MATHARI, PAPARI or SUHALI can be use in different ways. This recipe is for Punjabi style mathri which is flaky and is spiced with ajwain (carom seeds), kali mirch (black pepper), kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) and jeera (cumin seeds).
Many people like this flaky savory as a tea time snack. Shelf life of the Mathari is good, once made you can store it in airtight container for long. I like it with homemade mango pickle, you can also try the same.
Sharing Step By Step video and picture recipe of Mathri, mathri can be use to make various chaats also like papri chaat, save poori, and Dahi bhalla. In video you can see how to make papdi chaat.
Visit my blog category Indian Street Food for more Chaat recipes like
- Gol Gappay – A Devine Street Food
- Aloo tikki chat’ An Indian Street Food’
- Bread Dahi Vadas | Bread vadas in sweet & sour curd
- STREET BURGER ‘VADA PAV ‘ MUMBAI SPACIAL’
MATHARI- A TEA TIME SNACKCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mathri is a traditional North Indian style crispy cracker generally prepared and feasted upon during festivals like Diwali and Karwa Chauth.
Refined flour (maida)-21/2 cup
Carom(ajwain) seeds-1/2 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Processed cheese-1 cup
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients together except the oil and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough equally into 20-25 portion roll each portion out into a flat disc of 2”
- Make disc and prick with the fork.
- Heat the oil in a wok (kadhai), fry the discs, a few at a time , on low heat till brown .remove and drain the excess oil on paper towels. Fry all of them.
- These can be stored for few weeks in airtight containers and eaten with any spicy Indian pickle of your choice or make papari caat with it.
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…