INSTANT DHOKLA: Recipe how to make instant dhokla with picture and video recipe. dhokla recipe | khaman dhokla | how to make instant khaman dhokla with detailed photo and video recipe.
How to make Instant Dhokla?
Gujrati Khaman dhokla or nylon dhokla is a very popular High Tea dish among Indians. A popular and traditional snack recipe made from fermented besan or chickpea flour batter. It basically originates from western India or precisely from Gujarati cuisine. The recipe is a combination of sweet and sour tastes. Dhokla is generally served as an evening snack. However, It can also be served as a morning breakfast recipe.
There are many ways and variants of a simple khaman dhokla recipe. Basically, the traditional dhokla recipe is made by grounding the soaked channa dal which is later kept to ferment overnight. However, this version is an instant version. Moreover, Fermentation is a little time-consuming and requires a lot of planning and preparation in advance. To mitigate this, there are several instant version which is achieved by artificially fermenting. I am using eno salt for this purpose.
However, in this recipe, I have used eno fruit salt which helps the batter to rise and achieve the same texture and sponginess. I personally like the instant variation as I can prepare it whenever I get that craving for a snack.
Finally, I would like to suggest you few more interesting recipes from my blog :
INSTANT DHOKLA ‘ A GUJARATI SNACK’Course: Breakfast Recipes, COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKS, Gujarati cuisine, PARTY MEAL PLANNING
A popular and traditional snack recipe made from fermented besan or chickpea flour batter.
- For Dhokla:
Besan / chickpea flour -1cup
Salt –as per taste
Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
Eno powder/fruit salt -1 pouch /1tbsp
- For Tempering
Kari Patta-4 to 5
- Mix all the ingredients except eno powder.
- Make a paste with water. Paste should be pouring consistency.
- Put a vessel or idli /dhokla cooker on fire with a glass of water for steaming dhokla
- Put dhokla mixture into a greased thali or greased idli mould.
- Steam dhokla for 10 min. take it out in thali for tampering.
- For tampering:-
- For tempering heat a pan and add oil.
- Add mustard seed and Kari Patta stirs and add split green chillies in it.
- Mix lemon juice and sugar in 1 glass of water and keep aside.
- Add this lemon water into tampering and cover it for a min.
- Remove from fire and pour over steamed dhokla. garnish with green coriander and grated coconut.
- Serve chilled