The Vegetable Poha recipe is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast made from flattened rice, herbs and spices. It is a staple breakfast in our home which we all love. making poha is very simple and easy just follow the recipe stepwise.
Vegetable Poha is an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe, popular in Maharashtra. Made with onions, potatoes and seasoning like chillies, crushed peanuts, lemon and curry leaves make up a tasty and easy one-pot meal, especially when you don’t feel like cooking. It is a very light and refreshing breakfast dish.
This sweet, spicy and tangy poha is something you can make for a weekend breakfast. The addition of roasted peanuts along with the hint of lemon along with the roasted vegetables makes this dish simply delectable.
- Firstly, use thick or medium-sized poha. Do not use thin poha for the recipe.
- I soak poha only for 2 minutes in hot water, which gives them a perfect yellow colour. But you can just rinse the poha in water to remove the dust.
- I used different types of vegetables and masala to make poha healthier and tasty. You can use vegetables of your choice.
- Fried peanuts and ratlami sev give a nice crunch and taste to poha. You can also use chivda or aloo sev instead of it.
- Poha has a slightly longer shelf life and can be used the next day. if you want to reheat the poha then steam it for 3 minutes or microwave.
- Finally, vegetable poha tastes great when poha is soft and fluffy yet non-sticky.
Serve the Mixed Vegetable Poha along with Bhujia, Fruits and a hot cup of Adrak Chai for a wholesome breakfast.
finally, I would like to suggest you a few recipes from my blog
- Three Grain Upma (tasty and healthy)|पौष्टिक उपमा ।
- Vermicelli Upma || Semiya Upma
- STUFFED PARATHAS-A PERFECT BREAKFAST
- Besan Cheela -A Healthy Breakfast
- How To Make Rava Idli With Potato Sagu
VEGETABLE POHA || कैसे बनाएं पोष्टिक वेजिटेबल पोहाCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Poha ‘flattened rice’- 2cups
Cauliflower chopped -1/2 cup
Onion chopped…2 big
Lemon juice…….2 tsp
Salt……as per taste
Kari patta/curry leaf………4 to 5
Mustard seeds……1 tsp
- Wash poha with plenty of water in a big strainer and leave it in the strainer till all the water drain out and poha become soft.
- Heat a vessel with 2 tbsp of oil add mustard seeds and Kari patta wait for a few seconds then add chopped onion in it stir till it turns light golden in colour now add chopped cauliflower and pea’s in its cover with a lid and cook in slow flame till vege turn soft.
- add ground nuts and mix well.
- Now add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder to it and mix well.
- Squeeze lemon and mix sugar in it add this mix into poha
- Add green coriander and mix. Serve hot