Moong dal ke seekh kababs recipe with step by step instructions – delicious baked and fried moong dal kababs. Gluten-free and Vegan.
This post will help you to make the easiest, most delicious, juicy & soft spicy kababs which make a great appetizer. These can also be served as a side with some
Bake or fry kababs?
You can bake them as well as pan fry. baked ones are definitely healthier, but even the pan-fried ones are healthy as we are not shallow frying or deep frying. Plus you can add less or more oil as per your requirements while frying.
I have explained the method for a barbeque or chargrilled in the recipe. But if you do not have an oven, you can still make these veg kebabs by pan-fried them. The pan-fried kabab does taste better than the baked ones as they are moister and have a nice soft texture.
These kababs are so crispy and tasty that I can bet your non-vegetarian friends will bite their fingers. kababs go best with a cup of tea. This is my favourite tea time snack. Do you know how to make perfect tea? Making tea perfectly is again an art that you can learn in my post on how to make perfect tea.
Finally, I would like to suggest you few of my recipes from my blog:
MOONG DAl KE SEEKH KABAB’S ‘Course: SidesCuisine: mughlai, IndianDifficulty: Easy
MOONG DAL KE SEEKH KABAB’S
1 cup yellow lentils/moong dal
1 cup boiled potatoes
½ cup grated paneer/cottage cheese
3 tablespoons chopped onions
2 teaspoons chilli powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoons chaat masala
2 tbsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
other ingredients :
oil for grilling
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in one cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make a 100 mm (4”) long kabab.
- Brush each kebab with oil. Preheat grill for 5 to 6 min at a high temp. you can use a charcoal griddle also.
- Cook the kebab over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are evenly browned on all sides. Baste it with little oil in between.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.