PEAS STUFF PATTIES ‘Matar gujiya’
Refined flour (maida)-5 cups
For the filling:-
Ginger chopped-1” piece
Green chillies, chopped 3-4
Green peas, boiled -400 gm
Salt to taste
Black salt- 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Chaat masala-1 tsp
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Sift the flour and rub in the ghee. Knead to make a stiff dough, cover with moist cloth and keep aside.
2. For the filling:-
3. Heat the ghee in a wok add the cumin seeds, ginger, and green chillies, sauté for 2-3 sec add the green peas and all the dry masala .
4. When mixture is dry enough mash a little and transfer mixture into a flat dish to cool.
5. Divide the dough equally into 25 portions roll each out into a small disc of 3”dia . put 1 tbsp mixture in center of 1 disc and fold over to make a half circle press the edges well together toseal the filling inside you can use little water also to seal edges . with a fork press the edges again . repeat till all the patties done .
6. Heat the oil in a wok , fry the patties , a few at a time , on medium heat till brown and crisp take it out and drain all the excess oil on paper towels.
7. Serve hot.