Hariyali Kofta Curry || Kofta Curry || Palak Kofta Curry Recipe– delicious and creamy restaurant-style kofta curry made with spinach and paneer. It is a rich gravy so best meant for special occasions or for an indulgent weekend lunch or dinner.
You all are aware of my green love. This time I made these green dumplings with spinach and cottage cheese immerse in exotic Mughlai curry just yummy….must try !!!!
This preparation of Hariyali Kofta curry is different from the Nargisi kofta curry recipe I shared on the blog.
Making hariyali kofta gravy takes time. First, the veggie kofta has to be made and then the gravy or curry. Usually, I prepare everything in one go. But if short of time, you can either make the curry base or the kofta mixture a day before and refrigerate.
How To Serve Kofta Curry:
Curry can be made first or the kofta. I prepare the curry first and then prepare the kofta. Then pour the curry into a serving bowl. Place the koftas and then garnish.
Vegetable kofta gravy goes best with chapatis or rotis or naan or rumali roti. You can also serve with matar pulao or jeera rice.
Finally, I would like to suggest a few more recipes from the blog:
Hariyali Kofta Curry || Palak Kofta CurryCourse: MainCuisine: Mughlai, IndianDifficulty: Medium
- For Kofta
Cottage cheese……250 gm,
Green chilly ………2 tsp,
Corn flour………….3 tbsp,
Bread crumbs……….6 ps “fresh bread crumbs”,
salt…….as per taste,
red chilli powder…..1 tsp,
amchoor powder….1/2 tsp,
green coriander chopped ……3 tbsp,
green chilly chopped……1 tsp,
oil for frying,
sooji ……3 to 4 tbsp
- For the gravy:-
2 medium onions, chopped
3 flakes garlic, crushed
1-inch ginger, crushed
3 large tomatoes, pureed
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp dhania(coriander) powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp powdered poppy seeds
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp ground cashew nuts
½ cup curd+malai mix and whip
- For Kofta
- Blanch spinach and drain out all water as much as possible, grind it into a paste and keep aside
- take 6 to 7 pieces of fresh bread and crush it into crumbs,
- great cottage cheese add coriander, green chilli,amchoor “dry mango powder”, salt and red chilli powder in it mix well
- add bread crumb and cornflour
- now add spinach puree in it and mix well
- now divide the dough into 10 portions and give a shape of your choice
- take sooji on a flat plate roll kofta into it and deep fry till golden brown in colour.
- For Mughalai Gravy
- Heat a pan and put 1 tbsp oil in it add onion and ginger-garlic in it .cook till colour changes.
- Blend together the onions, ginger, garlic and poppy seeds and fry in 3 tbsp of oil till brown and the oil begins to separate.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and the masala powders.
- Add the sugar and the ground peanuts.
- The gravy will begin to thicken.
- Add malai (cream) and curd mixture into it.
- Mix in some water if necessary.
- Add green dumplings into this makhani gravy
- Garnish with green coriander and fresh cream and serve hot with naan or lachcha parantha /INDIAN BREAD
- You can add more bread crumbs if after mixing spinach puree dough is not manageable or wet. This will not affect the taste
- you can serve koftas as a snack too with green chutney.