Carrot and coriander soup– carrot and coriander soup easy recipe that gives you a delicious one pot, creamy and thick soup that you will be making again and again. The recipe is also vegan and gluten-free.
This carrot and coriander soup is the one which I make either with orange carrots or red carrots. Sometimes I make the soup in the instant pot.
This carrot and coriander soup is a wonderful soup to serve with your favorite winter salads, sandwiches, and even holiday entrées. Since carrots go well with so many other flavors, it’s a versatile soup to keep in your repertoire.
About this carrot and coriander soup
1. One-pot method: Sauté and cook everything in a pot. Makes the method of making the soup very easy.
2. Flavour: the ingredients used in the recipe match the flavour profile of the carrots. The earthy flavour of carrot is balanced with the sweetness of onions, slight pungency of garlic, the herbal aromatic flavour of coriander stems and the warm flavours of peppercorn.
4. Consistency and taste: Creamy, smooth and thick. Sweetish tasting soup with hints of sourness from the lemon.
5. Dietary considerations: vegan, gluten-free.
Finally, I would like to suggest you a few more recipes from my blog:
CARROT AND CORIANDER SOUPCourse: MainCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Fresh coriander leaves—I small bunch
White pepper powder….1/2 tsp
lemon juice…..1 tsp
- Peel, wash and roughly chop carrots. Peel wash and chop coriander leaves finely chopped
- Heat butter in a pan, add bay leaves, peppercorns, onion and garlic and fry for two min.
- Add carrot, coriander stems and five cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook till carrot is completely cooked. let cool .remove carrots and blend into a smooth puree.
- Boil stock on high heat to reduce stock slightly and strain.
- Pour the puree into a pan and slowly add strained stock to reach the desired consistency. Bring to a boil again.
- Add white pepper powder and salt to taste. stir in finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with bread croutons.