Kadai Veg Murg is a delicious Indian curry where Veg chicken or Nutri Nuggets is cooked with freshly ground spices. This spicy curry goes well with naan or any other Indian bread.
I generally prefer vegetarian dishes. However, my daughters are hardcore non-vegetarians. I keep trying my veg versions of non-veg dishes. So that they get the same taste that they like in non-veg dishes. Actually, my personal motive is to give them nutritive dishes with exotic taste. Here I present KADAI VEG MURG or NUTRELA DELIGHT
FEW TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE PERFECT KADAI VEG MURG:
- Firstly, To make veg chicken, Soya chunks pieces are marinated in a spicy ginger garlic paste and then cooked along with big chunks of onions and capsicum in a spicy rich tomato gravy.
- Secondly, The key to making a delicious Karahi Veg Chicken is in its masala, which is made fresh by roasting and grinding a few everyday spices.
- Furthermore, Always use a fresh masala to make this dish, as the taste of freshly ground spices is always better than using a store-bought masala. But if you don’t have these spices at home, you can alternatively opt for the store-bought Kadai Masala.
- Also, a tip from my side, fry the cubed onions and capsicum on high heat as it gives them a smoky flavour that tastes great when mixed with the Veg chicken.
So next time you want to make something that has a restaurant-style touch. Give this Kadai Veg Chicken a try.
Veg Chicken – I make soya very often at home, as it is high in protein. This dish is my favourite way to use soya for a curry.
For Marination – In this recipe, marinate Soya chunks or veg chicken with certain ingredients that include ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and lemon juice and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Kashmiri red chilli powder gives the Soya a nice colour, without making it too spicy.
Onions and Capsicum – Just like Kadai Paneer, here also we will add cubed Onion and Capsicum along with Veg Chicken or Soy Nuggets.
To get a smokey flavour cook large pieces of Onion and Capsicum on high heat.
For Kadai Masala – Roast Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, and dry red chillies till they are aromatic and then ground into a fine powder.
The dry red chilies give this powder a beautiful red colour, which also adds to the colour of this gravy.
Yogurt and Fresh Cream – These two ingredients make the gravy creamy and also adds richness to the same, making it even tastier.
Other Ingredients – To make the base curry, we will need some everyday ingredients that include oil, black cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, onions, tomato puree, Kasuri methi, ginger garlic, green chillies, all-purpose flour, garam masala powder, salt, and turmeric powder.
These whole spices, spice powders and other ingredients combined add a lot of taste to this dish. which makes it irresistible.
Finally, i would like to suggest you few very tasty dishes from my blog. You must visit and give them a try
KADAI VEG MURG || NUTRELA DELIGHTCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
kadai veg murg is a vegetarian version of kadai chicken. This curry is delicious creamy and very tasty. best goes with roti or naan.
250gm Nutrilla Nutri nuggets or soya chunks Boil with a little salt
2 big onions, peel and sliced
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4 tomatoes, steam, skinned and crushed
3-4 tbsp curd
Salt as per taste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Kashmiri masala
1 large capsicum
1 large tomato
1 large onion
1 bay leaf
2-3 black pepper
1 stick cinnamon
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 whole red chilli
- Squeeze excess water from soya chunks and keep it aside. In a bowl take curd, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, chilli powder mix everything and add soya chunks mix and keep aside for 30 min.
- In a wok or Kadai heat oil add bay leaf, coriander, red chilli, cinnamon, clove, black pepper and cumin seeds stir and add onion in it fry till light golden in colour, add tomatoes and mix it properly cook for 2-3 min, add soya chunks and all other spices mix well and cook for 10- 15 min.
- In a separate pan add 1tbsp oil and add onion, capsicum and tomatoes (cut into big dice)
- Stir for 2-3 min and then add into the vege.
- Cover and cook till oil separates add little water if required.
- Serve hot with tandoori parantha or naan.