Vegetable Coconut Curry || South Indian Curry
Vegetable Coconut Curry recipe with step by step pictures. Coconut Curry is a curry made with nuts, vegetables and coconut milk. However, It can be made with veggies, meat or even paneer. Though this curry is a home-style dish & is made with simple ingredients, It tastes very delicious and is not creamy like PANEER BUTTER MASALA or SHAHI PANEER.
DO you know how exciting it is to make something different? For me, this curry is a little unusual, cause I am not a south-Indian nor do I belong to a coastal region. But, I tried to make it as authentic as it is. Believe me, it came out so good that I fell in love with this curry. One of my south-Indian friends gave me the recipe for Vegetable Coconut Curry a long time back. Now it is included in my regular menu.
Lastly, I am sure this simple yet unique recipe will impress you and will mark its place on your daily menu. If you are looking for some more such recipes, then I can suggest a few from my blog category Indian Dry Curries. Firstly, Shahi Stuffed Mushroom Curry. Secondly, Aloo ke gutke – A Pahari Street Food. Furthermore, Peanut onion capsicum crunch. Some more coconut recipes are
- Coconut chutney
- Green coconut chutney
- Grapes And Coconut Panna Cotta
- Sooji ladoo ‘ semolina and coconut sweet balls’
- DIWANI HANDI- A FESTIVE CURRY
- CABBAGE AND CARROT DRY CURRY
Vegetable Coconut CurryCourse: Indian Curries, Paneer Recipes, PARTY MEAL PLANNING, south indian cuisineCuisine: Indian, SouthernDifficulty: Easy
Vegetable Coconut Curry is a simple day to day curry with the uniqueness of coconut and little crunch of dry fruits.
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp mustard seed ( rai)
1 whole dry red chilli, broken into pieces
1 big tomato, chopped
100 gms cottage cheese, cut into cubes
1 cups cauliflower florets
3/4 cup green peas
1/4. cup french beans, cut diagonally
1/2 cup chopped onions
6 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
25 mm (1”) piece of ginger (adrak)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4 to 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
2 cups coconut milk (nariyal ka doodh)
- Boil all vegetables till tender drain and keep aside
- Heat the oil in a skillet add cumin, red chilli and mustard seed into it stir and add onion, garlic and ginger cook for 2-3 min. Or till it turns light golden brown.
- Add tomato, green chilli, chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt, and cook for another 3-4 min. Then add vegetables, paneer, grated coconut, and curry leaves in it, and mix it properly.
- Add coconut milk and 1 tbsp of fresh cream to it. Turn gas on medium-high and cook vegetables for a few minutes. Garnish with coconut curls and cashew nuts. Serve hot with roti or rice
- Remember to turn the gas on medium or low flame when you add coconut milk to it to prevent curdling.
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food