Vegetable Coconut Curry || South Indian Curry
Vegetable Coconut Curry recipe with step by step pictures. Coconut Curry is a curry made with nuts, vegetables and coconut milk . However,It can be made with veggies, meat or even with paneer. Though, this curry is a home style dish & is made with simple ingredients, It tastes very delicious and is not creamy like PANEER BUTTER MASALA or SHAHI PANEER.
DO you know how exciting it is to make something different? For me this curry is a little unusual , cause i am not a south-indian nor do i belong to a coastal region. But, i tried to make it as authentic as it is. Believe me it came out so good that i fell in love with this curry. One of my south-Indian friend gave me the recipe of Vegetable Coconut Curry long time back. Now it is included in my regular menu .
Lastly,I am sure this simple yet unique recipe will impress you and will mark it place in your daily menu. If you are looking for some more such recipes, then i can suggest you few from my blog category Indian Dry Curries. Firstly, Shahi Stuffed Mushroom Curry. Secondly, Aloo ke gutke – A Pahari Street Food. Furthermore, Peanut onion capsicum crunch. Some more coconut recipes are
- Coconut chutney
- Green coconut chutney
- Grapes And Coconut Panna Cotta
- Sooji ladoo ‘ semolina and coconut sweet balls’
Vegetable Coconut CurryCourse: Indian Curries, Paneer Recipes, PARTY MEAL PLANNING, south indian cuisineCuisine: Indian, SouthernDifficulty: Easy
Vegetable Coconut Curry is a simple day to day curry with the uniqueness of coconut and little crunch of dry fruits.
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp mustard seed ( rai)
1 whole dry red chilli , broken into pieces
1 big tomato , chopped
100 gms cottage cheese , cut into cubs
1 cups cauliflower florets
3/4 cup green peas
1/4. cup french beans , cut diagonally
1/2 cup chopped onions
6 cloves garlic (lehsun)
25 mm (1”) piece ginger (adrak)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4 to 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
2 cups coconut milk (nariyal ka doodh)
- Boil all vegetables till tender drain and keep aside
- Heat the oil in a skillet add cumin , red chilli and mustard seed into it stir and add onion , garlic and ginger cook for 2-3 min . Or till it turn light golden brown .
- Add tomato , green chilli , chilli powder, coriander powder and salt in it , cook for another 3-4 min and then add vegetables,paneer, grated coconut and curry leaves in it , mix it properly .
- Add coconut milk and 1 tbsp of fresh cream in it . Turn gas on medium high and cook vegetable for few minutes . Garnish with coconut curls and cashew nuts . Serve hot with roti or rice
- Remember to turn gas on medium or low flame when you add coconut milk in it to prevent curdling .
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food