Aloo Vadi sabji recipe- Here’s a recipe for Aloo Wadiyan, a lip-smacking Baisakhi-special preparation that is made with a combination of potatoes, urad dal wadi and a melange of spices. Prepared with the best quality of ingredients, this main dish recipe is straight from the state of Rajasthan. However, Vadi or wadiyan are very popular in Punjab as well as up too. Punjabi or Amritsari vadiyan are very popular in the region of Punjab, Amritsari vadiya are spicier than this urad dal vadi recipe. Teamed with the bread of your choice, this Rajasthani recipe will be among the top things your guests will love. You can prepare this easy recipe for a family get-together, kitty parties, potlucks and buffets. Try this vegetarian recipe on the weekend and indulge in its mouth-watering taste!
Aloo Vadi is one of my favourites, urad dal Vadi adds on taste to this simple potato dish. In my previous post, I explained how to make urad dal Vadi. My sun-dried lintel dumplings are now ready to use, we can use these Vadi’s in many ways. Today I am using it with aloo which is a popular name for potatoes in India. For this I’ll take four nice potatoes then I am going to peel them, cut them and pressure cook them in onion gravy with a hand full of sun-dried Wadis which will be ready in 3-4 whistles. The very simple yet tasty dish must try …
Aloo Vadi ( potato and lintel dumpling curry)Course: MainCuisine: Rajasthani, IndianDifficulty: Easy
aloo vadi is a simple Indian curry for day to day Indian lunch thali. This curry is a popular daily menu sabji.
- For this we required :
Urad dal Vadi ( sun-dried lintel dumplings) ……100 grams
Potato…………….. 4 medium
Onion, finely chopped 2 medium
Ginger, finely chopped
Green chillies ……..3-4, chopped
Oil …………………..3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds ……..1/2 teaspoon
Tomato, pureed……. 2 large
Turmeric powder….. 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder… 2 teaspoons
Cumin powder ……..1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder…. 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder…..1/4 teaspoons
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped……1 tablespoon
- How to proceed …
- Break the lintel dumplings into small pieces. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour add the onion, ginger paste and sauté for three minutes.
- Crush and add the dumplings and continue to sauté for five minutes, add a little water whenever the mixture turns a little dry.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté till the oil separates. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Add potatoes and sauté for two minutes.
- Stir in two cups of water and let it come to a boil. Cover the cooker and cook till pressure is released three to four times **(three to four whistles).
- Open the lid when the pressure has released completely. Sprinkle the garam masala powder and fresh coriander and serve hot. With hot romali roti ( Indian bread)
trending recipe Video
- Do not over fry vadi
- stir vadi in the masala for some time, let vadi absorb the masala
- ** adjust timings according to your pressure cooker some cookers take a little more time.