Aloo Ka Raita is a famous curd dip in north India. It is best served as a side dish with any meal. However, Aloo ka raita or boiled potato curd dip is today’s side dish in lunch, curd and potato is again a very good combination.
How To Make Aloo Ka Raita
I make aloo ka raita or potato dip in two ways, sometimes I grate potatoes to make it and sometimes I just cut boiled potatoes in cubes and make it. However, You can use any of these methods, today I am using the first method i.e grating potatoes. For this, I took two medium-sized boiled potatoes And grated potatoes with a grater.
How To Serve Raita:
I garnish it with chopped tomatoes and green coriander. However, a little tadka of mustard seed and green chillies also goes so well with it. You can add cumin seed and mustard paste occasionally. However, in this picture, I had used cut potatoes just to show you how it looks after garnishing.
Serving Suggessions –
Aloo Ka Raita is best serve with Indian Lunch or dinner thali, also goes with chur chur parantha, Kulcha – An Indian Bread, Vegetarian Keema Paratha -An Indian Bread, Rajasthani Besan Paratha || Besani Paratha as well. In fact, Potato dip can be serve as a dip too.
Finally, I would like to share a few more recipes from my blog like:
- Cucumber And Mustard Raita || Pahadi Raita
- Lauki raita ( bottle gourd curd dip)
- Boondi raita || Curd Dip
- Beetroot raita (curd dip with beetroot)
- Green chutney raita ( coriander and mint curd dip)
Aloo Ka Raita || Potato Curd DipCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Aloo ka raita is one of my favourite curd dips. This can be serve as a side dish with any Indian meal and can be serve as a dip too.
- For this we required :
2 ……..potatoes (medium size)
1/4 tsp…chilli powder
1/4 tsp…roasted cumin powder
4 tsp …..chopped mint leaves
- took two cups of curd in a bowl and beat it nicely so that it became smooth and added 1/4 tsp of sugar and salt as required,
- /4 tsp red chilli powder,
- /4 tsp roasted cumin powder.
- After preparing this curd mixture I added grated potatoes.
- Add 4 tsp of chopped mint leaves in it. I put a little tadka in this raita I mixed it well and served it as a side dish in lunch.