Lauki Raita-Lauki Raita or Bottle Gourd raita is a very simple Lauki curd dip. A simple yet refreshing side made with grated bottle gourd and yoghurt. It is a healthy side dish to have with biryani, pilaf, or any flavoured rice. Made within minutes and with simple ingredients, this raita can be served along with curries!
Bottle gourd has ample medicinal values:
- Reduces stress. Eating lauki can help in reducing stress, its water content has a cooling impact on the body.
- Benefits for the heart– Lauki is also extremely beneficial for the heart. Drinking its juice at least thrice every week will help you in maintaining a healthy heart and will also keep a check on your blood pressure.
- Helps for digestion. The humble lauki also helps with digestion. Rich in fibre and alkali content, it helps in treating acidity.
- Helps in weight loss– Lauki is extremely beneficial For those who looking to lose weight, drinking lauki juice can prove to be very useful In fact, Filled with iron, vitamins, and potassium, having lauki juice every day will help you reduce weight.
- Prevents premature greying of hair. Drinking a glass of lauki juice every day can help you retain the colour and texture of your hair.
- Helps in treating sleeping disorders– Among other benefits of lauki, it also helps in treating sleep disorders.
- Benefits the skin -Lauki juice acts as a natural cleanser and removes toxicity from the body.
- A good Detox– Lauki also helps to detoxify the body
What is Raita?
Raita is a side dish famous in the Indian sub-continent as an accompaniment to lunch or dinner. It is made with whisked and creamy yoghurt, and often vegetables or fruits and/or spices are added to it.
I took 2 cups of curd in a bowl and beat it nicely so that it became smooth. I mixed boiled bottle gourd in this smooth curd and added salt as required, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder, and mixed it well to prepare a nice smooth lauki raita.
Finally, I would like to suggest you some more similar recipes from my blog I am sure you would like to try those like:
Lauki raita ( bottle gourd curd dip)Course: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Raita is a side dish famous in the Indian sub-continent as an accompaniment to lunch or dinner. It is made with whisked and creamy yogurt, and often vegetables or fruits and/or spices are added to it.
1 small bottle gourd
1/4 tsp salt
2 cup curd
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Peel and grate the lauki. If the seeds in the centre of the lauki are large in size, remove them before grating.
- Preparing Lauki in a pressure cooker
- Add the grated lauki, salt and water to the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 0 minutes (1 whistle for the stovetop pressure cooker or to cook in a saucepan, boil till lauki is tender and cooked. Cover with a lid for faster cooking)
- Quick-release the pressure. Immediately strain the water from the lauki using a strainer.
- Keep the strainer under running cold water for 30 seconds, so the lauki does not overcook. Press the lauki between your palms to remove excess water. Keep aside.
- Making Lauki Raita
- Whisk the yoghurt till it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the grated lauki, green chilli and seasoning into the yoghurt. Stir well.
- Serve chilled and garnish with cilantro before serving
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food