Rava laddu recipe | sooji laddu or sooji ladoo with detailed photo and video recipe.A simple Indian sweet recipe that can be prepared within minutes and with simple available ingredients in our kitchen. The basic ingredients involved in this recipe is sugar, rava / semolina and coconut.
A perfect sweet for the festive season I made these for Deepawali, these semolina balls are an all-time favourite as well as healthy too. It’s very easy to make these balls with the minimum ingredients required. For this, you just need semolina, grated fresh coconut and powdered sugar in fact you can make it sugar-free also by omitting sugar and adding sugar-free in it.
Tips To Make Perfect Laddu
Furthermore, some important tips and suggestions for a perfect and smooth rava ladoo or rava laddu recipe.
Use coarse rava to get a nice texture to ladoo and roast with fresh pure ghee.
also, make sure to increase/decrease the amount of sugar according to your taste bud.
secondly, I have added coconut which should add more flavour and texture to the laddu. Hence I would recommend you add it, but you can skip it if you do not like the coconut flavour.
lastly, if the mixture turns brittle, add a few tbsp of milk to the mixture to make it moist and start shaping the ladoo. also, moist your hand with ghee before shaping the laddu so that they can stick to each other.
Finally, I would like to suggest you a few more recipes for Indian sweets like this
- Kheer- An Indian Sweet
- Kalakand || Kalakand Recipe || Indian Sweet
- KESARI RAS MALAI ‘ DELICIOUS INDIAN SWEET’
- Gulab kheer | Indian Pudding | Prasad recipe
Rava Laddu || Sooji Coconut LadduCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
500 GM of rava / sooji / semolina, lightly pulsed to make a coarse powder in the blender
2 tbsp of ghee ‘ clarified butter’
1/4 cup fresh desiccated coconut
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of cashew nuts, finely powdered
6-7 almonds finally chopped
1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
1/4 cup raisins
Milk as required
- Heat teaspoon ghee in a small pan on low heat; roast the cashew nuts until lightly golden and crisp. Once roasted add in the raisins and sauté for a few seconds. Turn off the heat and keep this aside.
- Heat remaining ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan, add the rava / semolina to the pan. Roast the rava until you get a roasted aroma and it is turning lightly golden. It is important to roast the rava, stirring continuously on very low heat. High heat can cause the rava to brown.
- Once roasted add in the remaining ingredients including the roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
- Saute for just a few more seconds until the mixture is well combined. Allow it to cool slightly. Once cooled, sprinkle little milk and shape the rava ladoo mixture into equal size balls. If you are unable to hold the mixture and shape it into a ball; add in a tablespoon of milk or ghee or both to help it come together.
- The Rava Ladoos are now ready to be served. Store them in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
- Shelf life will be a little less if you are using milk. Refrigerate them if you are using milk.
- firstly, make sure to roast the rava on low flame. else the ladoo will taste raw.
- also, adding coconut makes ladoo moist and tasty.
- additionally, while shaping the ladoo, if the mixture turns dry, then you can warm it up in the microwave for 10 seconds and start shaping.
- finally, the rava laddu recipe tastes great the next day as it absorbs well.