Dhaba Style Aloo Palak- Aloo Palak Gravy is North Indian side dish, this Dhaba style spicy spinach potato curry is a popular gravy curry all over India especially at roadside restaurants called dhabas, there usually serve Punjabi foods and this aloo Palak curry also one of them. This curry usually serves along with paratha or naan as an accomplishment. Potatoes and spinach come together and always a great hit, yet again, in a Punjabi version of gravy style Aloo Palak. There are two versions one is dried aloo palak that I shared earlier and another one is gravy curry. So today I’m sharing the gravy version of aloo palak.
Spinach– Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, magnesium, iron, and manganese. Eating this leafy green veggie may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress, and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions. Whether you like it or not, spinach is surely one veggie that you must include in your daily diet.
Potatoes- Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, Potassium, fiber, B vitamins copper, tryptophan, manganese, and even lutein. It also works wonders for curbing inflammation in the body and boost immunity and healthy blood circulation.
By the way, if you feel Potatoes are fattening. And they are not good so just bust that myth, potatoes are not that bad. In fact, they are good for health the only thing is how you are eating it. In fact, One potato, about the size of your fist, has only 110 calories and is loaded with important nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and complex carbohydrates. They are naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free, and contain no sodium.
But, here we are making a sinfully, but tasty curry out of potatoes. sinfully because we are frying them. However, sometimes you really required to cheat. Don’t you?
How To Make It:
Simple five steps and you are done:
- Boil potatoes and peel them.
- Make easy curd gravy.
- Add chopped spinach.
- shallow fry potatoes and add to the gravy.
- garnish and enjoy! so simple.
Furthermore, I am really a big green vegetable lover and want to try all the possible ways to cook it. today I am cooking it
with potatoes. spinach and potatoes make a very good combination and we often make it as a dry vegetable like bhurji but this time I am making it with a little difference ….instead of normally cut potatoes, I am using tandoori style baby potatoes in it. Try this exotic vegetable once and believe me it will be easily incorporated in your exotic party menu.
Finally,I would like to suggest you few more such simple to cook recipes from my blog i am sure you will like it.
Aloo Palak Gravy || Potatoes In Spinach GravyCourse: MainCuisine: Indian
Aloo Palak Gravy is North Indian side dish, this Dhaba style spicy spinach potato curry is a popular gravy curry all over India.
Spinach Leaves blanched and chopped …..1 1/2 cup
Baby Potatoes ………..5
Tomato purée ………2 -3 tsp
Onion………………..2 finely chopped
Coriander Powder…….2 tsp
Red chili powder………1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala…………1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Tandoori masala……..1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste…..1 tbsp +1tbsp
Water: 1 cup
Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Parboil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles or till they are cooked. Peel boiled potatoes and prick them with toothpick . Set them aside.
- Mix curd, ginger garlic paste , salt , red chilli powder and tandoori masala together and mix with potatoes and set them aside for 15-20 min. Shallow Fry potatoes in hot oil till turn golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds fry till they become aromatic.
- Then add the finely chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste to it and fry for a minute.
- Now add tomato purée and stir till oil separate . Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the spinach , water and salt. Let it cook till the spinach gets cooked.
- Now add the potato and cook for another couple of minutes. Finally, add the crushed kasoori methi and garam masala and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
baking basic recipe Bhindi cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food