Spread the love
As we were talking about combination food, you know if you know the right combination it become very easy to set a perfect menu for lunch, brunch or dinner.
In India we generally make combination meal for brunch ( for a lazy afternoon when you get up late and want to skip your breakfast ). These combination meals are perfect for that situations, and ya sometime when your friends drop down without intimation ‘ always happens with us all my army friends will agree with me :)’
Tahire is basically a form of biryani or you can say a simple and quick form of vegetable pulav. ‘A full meal ‘ can be accomplished with raita (curd dip/salad) and green chutney .
Tahire / Vegetable pulav with Raita
|For Raita Recipe click on picture or link bellow|
1 cups ………Basmati rice
2 tbsp……….. ghee
2 ……………….bay leaves
2 whole ………black cardamom pods (use green cardamom as a substitute)
4 whole ……..peppercorns
½ tsp………… cumin seeds
2 medium …..onion, finely chopped
2 small ……….green chilli
salt as per taste
1/2 tsp………… turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ………..chilli powder
1 cup ………….peas
1 cup …………cauliflower
1/2 cup ………potato
1 3/4 cups …..of water
How To Cook :
1. Wash the rice in several changes of water. Drain. Then leave it to soak for 30 minutes in water that covers the rice generously. Drain again, and leave in a strainer set over a bowl.
2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and set over medium heat. When it is hot, fry cauliflower florets and potatoes in it till it turn light golden in colour, keep aside now in same oil put in the bay leaves, cardamom pods, peppercorns, and cumin seeds. Stir once or twice, and add the onions.
3. Stir and fry until the onions turn light golden brown. Now add tomatoes stir and add the teaspoon of salt,red chilli and the turmeric. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add peas and fried cauliflower and potatoes mix well .
4. Add drained rice stir the rice very gently, and fry it for 2 minutes without breaking any of the grains. Now add 1 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid let the pressure built up then turn the heat down to very, very low. Cook for another 10 minutes. Switch off the flame .
4. Let the rice rest for 10 minutes without taking out pressure. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the rice to a serving dish, breaking up all lumps with the back of the spoon and mixing the peas and vegetables gently.
5. Serve hot with curd ( raita ) and green chutney .
For more such recipes ..https://minalspiceworld.com/
For green chutney ..https://minalspiceworld.com/2013/05/coriander-and-mint-chutney.html
How to make poori || Indian fried flat bread
Bread Dahi Vadas- A Tasty Street Food
Aloo palak bhaji ( spinach and potato dry curry)
Kulcha - An Indian Bread
Lemon Rice || How to Make Lemon Rice
Onion Capsicum Curry || Onion Capsicum Crunch
Gur Ke Chawal- A Punjabi Sweet Rice
Homemade Basic Pizza Base Recipe