Today I am sharing a super delicious party snacks vegan mozzarella sticks with a very special marinara sauce.
It’s raining outside, perfect timing for a cup of khahwa and crispy hot snacks. I really enjoy the sound of rain, it’s so relaxing just like making a tasty meal for the family. This time I thought of something interesting and healthy too. Mozzarella sticks with quinoa and vegetables, it is crunchy from the outside but cheesy from the inside. And tastes yum with warm marinara sauce.
My family is full of cheese fans! And in their defence, who isn’t, right? That’s why I try my best to ensure that every time they get their cheese cravings, I can figure out an innovative and healthy recipe that we all love and enjoy. The rain today really inspired me and I loved sitting with my family and enjoying it with these delicious mozzarella sticks. So let’s dig in! I hope you’ll enjoy these mozzarella sticks as much we all did!
What is mozzarella cheese?
Mozzarella cheese is a sliceable curd cheese originating in Italy. Traditional Mozzarella cheese is made from milk of water buffalos herded in very few countries such as Italy and Bulgaria. As a result, most of the Mozzarella cheeses available now are made from cow’s milk. if mozzarella is not available then you can use Britannia cheeza instead.
If you are looking for some recipes for your cocktail party i would like to suggest you few interesting recipes from my blog :
- Midnight Snacks
- Methi Muthia- A Gujarati Snack
- Savoury Tarts- A Cocktail Snack
- Potato Baskets Topped With Saucy Mushroom & Corn
- Matar kachori- An Indian Stuffed Bread
- Handvo-Savoury Semolina Cake
Vegan mozzarella sticks with marinara sauceCourse: CHUTNEYS,SAUCES & DIPS, COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKS
1 block of Britannia cheeza Italian flavour – cut into sticks about 4 inches by 1 inch by 1/2 inch.
1 cup quinoa ( boiled )
1/2 cup vegetables of your choice (finely chopped and boiled)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp Chilli garlic paste
Cornflakes for coating
vegetable oil for frying
1 tsp All-purpose flour
1 tsp Cornflour / arrowroot
- Marinara sauce
1/2 cup ……extra-virgin olive oil
2 small …….onions, finely chopped
2 ……………..garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 stalks …….celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 tsp……….sea salt
1/2 tsp……….freshly ground black pepper
10-12 ……….tomatoes (roast on fire )
2 dried bay leaves
- How to go about…
- Heat the vegetable oil in a suitable skillet or pan so that the oil is about an inch high.
- Mix all-purpose flour and Cornflour in a bowl add water and make a little flow thin paste just enough to dip sticks into it.
- Crush cornflakes and keep them aside. Mix half of the breadcrumbs in crushed cornflakes mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, quinoa, vegetables ( drained and dried ), chilli garlic paste, chilli powder and salt in a shallow dish.
- Roll cheese sticks through the breadcrumb mixture and allow them to dry. Dip the cheese sticks once more in the Cornflour + all-purpose flour water and roll once more in the breadcrumb and corn flacks mixture to ensure the entire surface of the cheese stick is coated with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the coated vegan mozzarella sticks until golden brown. Move to a paper towel covered plate to cool. These are best when dipped into a warm marinara sauce.
- Marinara Sauce
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent about 10 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Peel roasted tomatoes and chop them finely. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about an hour.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)