Paneer pasanda !! Another cottage cheese recipe in the series. Cottage cheese or paneer are all time favorites for all the veggie lovers and for all important meals whether it is a party or an important occasion, this creamy dish is epic. This time I made it for a very special occasion i.e my husband’s birthday party!! Although, I made many other dishes also, like malai kofta, achari mix veg, chole and dahi vadas with missi roti and naan. Along with special paneer jalebi with rabri , you will find most of them in my posts and I will post the rest of them soon as I have already clicked pictures of them.
The Main attraction was the cake. Soon, I will start posting my special cake pics and main recipes also for you all. However, you know baking is my passion and my business too.
Coming back to the recipe, credits to Sanjeev kapoor’s book as I tried it a long time back when I started my cooking lessons and that time I usually follow his books as his recipes never fails. Since then I am following this recipe and it never fails although with time I change a few ingredients according to my taste and my families preferences but the basic recipe is the same.
Furthermore, Paneer slices stuffed with green chutney, mashed paneer and nuts mixture make this recipe special and flavorful. Onion-tomato creamy gravy enhance the taste and texture of this mughlai dish.
lastly, after Paneer Pasanda recipe i am sure you will like to learn more such recipes like
- Paneer Khurchan-An Indian Curry
- PANEER TIKKA ‘GRILLED COTTAGE CHEESE’
- PANEER BUTTER MASALA- AN INDIAN CURRY
- and so on..
For Paneer Sandwich
- 250 gms Paneer cottage cheese+ for garnishing
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp Green chutney
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tbsp Cornflour/ cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 tbsp Butter / oil
- 1 Bay leaves
- 1 inch stick….Cinnamon
- 3 Green cardamoms
- 2-3 medium Onions boiled and ground
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- A pinch nutmeg powder
For stuffing :
- Cut the paneer into 6 thin triangular slices and mash the remaining. Finely chop cashewnuts and add to mashed paneer along with raisins and chopped almonds . Add green chutney and salt and mix well.
- Spread this mixture on 3 paneer slices and cover them with remaining two slices.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Mix cornflour in ½ cup water to make a thick batter. Dip the paneer triangles in the batter and deep fry till lightly golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- To make the gravy, heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, green cardamoms and sauté. Add the onion paste and sauté. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato purée and mix well. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chillies , 1/2 tsp sugar and Salt and mix well. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Beginner's Cookbook Bengali Cuisine Breakfast Recipes CHUTNEYS,SAUCES & DIPS COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKS COMBINATION MEALS CONTINENTAL FOOD CREPES || DOSA || CHEELA Festival Recipes Food For Fasting Green vegetable Gujarati cuisine HALWA AND FUDGE Healthy & Tasty Diet Food Hydrabadi cuisine Indian Basic day to Day Curries Indian Curries INDIAN CURRIES FOR PARTIES INDIAN DRY VEGETABLES INDIAN STREET FOOD INDIAN SWEETS Kashmiri Cuisine Let's Bake Lintels or Dals Maharashtrian cuisine Mughlai Cuisine NORTH INDIAN CUISINE Pahadi cuisine Paneer Recipes PARTY MEAL PLANNING PICKLES AND SAUCE Prasad recipe pudding Punjabi cuisine Quick food for breakfast/lunch/dinner rajasthani cuisine Refreshing Coolers rice delicacy Roti/Parantha/Naan/Indian-bread Sandwiches soups and salads south indian cuisine summer bites TRAVEL BITES Uncategorized