Bharwan tamatar || Stuffed Tomatoes With Gravy
Today I am sharing the recipe of a scrumptious Stuffed Tomatoes In Makhani Gravy. Makhani stands for Buttery And Creamy, enjoy this mouthwatering dish.
My garden is full of tomatoes and peas these days and among all vegetables these two are my favorite . I like to have tomatoes in all forms: raw, cooked, baked. I make a variety of chutneys, sauces, pickles and salsa with tomatoes.
A medium sized tomato contains around 22 calories, 0 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 1 gram of protein and 6 milligrams of sodium. It also provides the recommended daily allowance of 40% of vitamin C, 20% of vitamin A, 2% of iron, and 1% of calcium. Here are some of the health benefits of tomatoes.
Numerous studies indicate that eating tomatoes lowers the risk of certain cancers, like lung, stomach and prostate.
A substance called lycopene, which makes tomatoes red, is thought to be the reason for this cancer protective effect. Tomatoes also contain important nutrients, such as niacin, folate and vitamin B6, that are associated with the prevention of heart disease.
Tomatoes should be included in all our daily diets. In India we consume tomatoes in almost everything we eat. One of my favorites is Stuffed Tomato Curry!! A very tasty curry, with tomatoes stuffed with panner. You can eat the stuffed tomatoes without the gravy as well. It is a great dish to be served with continental food. I have however, given it a little Indian touch by adding a makhani gravy to it.
included with this recipe is also a video of a recipe for Makhani Gravy. Please bear with it, as it was my first video and was not perfectly made.
Stuffed Tomatoes In makhani GravyCourse: Main courseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Scrumptious Indian Curry Stuffed Tomatoes with Cheese.
- For stuffed tomatoes:
8-10 ……..Medium Tomato
100 gms……..Cottage cheese(Paneer)
2 ( boiled ) ….Potato
1 ……………….Green chilli (finely chopped)
1″ inch ……….Ginger
Salt – to taste
1/4 tsp………..Red chilli
1/4 tsp………..Garam Masala
10- 12 ………..Raisins
2 tbsp…………Green Coriander (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp………..Cumin seeds
- For Makhani Gravy
12 large ……..Tomatoes
1/4 cup ………Butter
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ………..Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 inch piece …Ginger roughly chopped
1tbsp ………….Garlic paste
1 tbsp…………Ginger paste
1/2 tsp………….Kasoori methi
1 cup…………..Fresh cream
- HOW TO MAKE PANEER stuffed tomatoes:
- Wash tomato. Make four cuts at the top with a knife and remove like a cap. Keep cap aside.
- Remove pulp from tomato with a knife and keep this tomato on the same plate as cap. Do the same with all tomatoes. Keep pulp separate.
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash. Grate cottage cheese and add salt, red chilli, garam masala and 1 table spoon green coriander. Also add cashew and raisins.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in karai and fry cumin seeds till they turn brown. Add green chilli, ginger and tomato pulp. When pulp thickens add cottage cheese, potato and add all spices to it to make filling for tomatoes.
- Stuff tomatoes with this filling and close with caps. You can cook tomatoes in following ways:
- How to make Stuffed Paneer Tomato in Heavy bottomed pan
- Place tomatoes in heavy bottomed pan . 1 tablespoon oil on top of tomatoes. Cover and cook on low flame. Turn with tongs after 3-4 minutes. Cook till soft. Stuffed tomatoes are ready.
- How to make Stuffed Paneer Tomato in In Microwave
- Place tomatoes in a glass bowl, 1 tablespoon oil on top of tomatoes. Cover and set microwave for 5 minutes. Check tomatoes after 5 minutes, cook for 2-3 minutes more if they are not soft. Stuffed tomatoes are ready when soft.
- How to make Stuffed Paneer Tomato in In Oven
- Rub oil on oven tray. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place stuffed tomatoes on the tray. Brush 1 tablespoon oil on every tomato. Bake till soft (about 6 minutes). Tomatoes leave some tangy juice that can be served with them.
- HOW TO PROCEED:
- Quarter the tomatoes. Put them in a pressure cooker along with salt, half of the Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger and two cups of water. Pressure cook till two whistles. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Blend the mixture in a blender and strain. Heat butter in a pan, add garlic paste, ginger paste and two tablespoons of water. Cook for a minute. Add the pureed tomatoes and cook for two to three minutes.
- Dry roast the kasuri methi in a microwave or on a tawa. Crush. Add the remaining Kashmiri red chilli powder to the gravy along with salt, sugar or honey. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the crushed kasuri methi and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add cream only if you need to use the gravy immediately.
- Stuffed tomatoes are ready. Keep in a bowl carefully. Garnish with green coriander and grated cheese and serve with parantha, naan or chapatti.
my latest VIDEO
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…