Roasted cauliflower || Gobhi Tikka
Tandoori Gobhi or you can say barbecued cauliflower is an excellent snack or starter recipe. you can use it either way dry or with gravy, choice is all yours !!! However, same marination can be use for any vegetable like Tandoori aloo, Tandoori paneer, Tandoori mushroom etc. etc..
The term tandoor normally refers to a cylindrical clay oven used in cooking and baking in the Indian subcontinent. Cooking food in a tandoor gives a charred and smokey flavor to dishes. While it is difficult to completely replicate the flavor at home, grilling or baking in oven comes close to the original taste.
This recipe is just a mimic of the popular meat-based tikka recipe. It is a vegetarian alternative to non vegetarian tikka masala. Basically, you make the tikka marination and can make tikka with almost all the vegetables. Tandoori Gobhi is also derived the same way. and the marinated gobi florets is dipped in the yoghurt and spice mixture and barbecued in tawa/tandoor or even in a grill.
Tandoori Gobhi Tikka Masala ( roasted cauliflower in gravy)Course: StartersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Tandoori Gobhi or Gobhi Tikka is a popular Indian appetizer made by marinating Cauliflower in yogurt and spices and roasting till crispy.
- Ingredients for the marination:
500gm cauliflower ,
3 onion big ,
1/2 cup hung yogurt
4-5 cloves of garlic
1″ piece ginger
2-3 green chillis
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala(or grind cloves, cardamom,cinnamon)
1/2 tsp dry fenugreek seeds, powdered or 1 tb.sp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp besan ( chickpea flour)
juice of 1 lime(about 1 tb.sp.)
orange-red food color(optional)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- we need to use thick yogurt or you have to strain the yogurt. you can use a cheesecloth/muslin and tie the yogurt in it and let the whey drain out from it. this may take 45 mins to 1 hour. or use a fine mesh strainer.the first step would be to drain the yogurt.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender jar with yogurt and blend on high speed to get a smooth paste.
- boil water with salt. add the florets and cook for 3-4 minutes. keep them in the hot water for 7-8 minutes more.
- :Mix well and keep aside for around 10 to 15 min. Later drain water and pet dry cauliflower .
- Roast gram flour/besan in a pan. Roast till it becomes golden brown and starts giving a nutty aroma. Add gram flour in curd paste .
- Add the gobi pieces in the marination and gently coat them with the marination.
- and keep aside for 1 hour.
- You can also refrigerate the marination and keep it overnight in the fridge. after 1 hour, gently again mix the whole mixture.
- Pre heat an oven to 200 degrees C. on a grilling rack, place the marinated gobi. keep a tray or plate below to avoid a messy kitchen surface.
- Place the tray in the oven. I kept the large florets on the rack and the smaller ones on an aluminium foil covered tray below. otherwise also, cover the bottom tray with aluminum foil or brown paper or butter paper so that juices or the marination do not fall on the tray.
- 10 : Grill in the oven for 20-25 minutes till the gobi florets are cooked. you can also char them a little if you want. but don’t overcook as they become dry. You can use tandoori cauliflower as starters also with onion rings and charcoal capsicum .
- 11 : Coming back to this recipe florets are ready to use now .
- For masala …
- Roughly chop the blanched onions and make a fine paste. make a smooth puree of the blanched tomatoes too.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and then add the onion paste.
- Stir often and saute till the onions paste turns golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Add the tomato puree. stir well and saute till you see fat leaving sides of the masala.
- Now add all the dry spice powders – turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala/tandoori masala.
- stir well so that the spices are incorporated in the masala paste evenly.
- Now remove the pan from the fire. add beaten fresh curd/yogurt. removing the pan from fire, won’t allow the yogurt to curdle. use full fat and fresh curd.
- Stir well, add water and salt. stir again.
- Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or till the gravy thickens and you see fat floating on the top. you can keep the consistency from medium to slightly thick. the consistency can be altered by adding more or less water.
- Beat cream and curd together and add in gravy, add kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves). stir well and simmer on a low flame for a minute. check the taste and add more salt or cream if you prefer. you can also about 1/2 to 1 tsp of sugar for a light sweet taste.
- Then add tandoori gobi ( cauliflower ) along with the veggies.
- Serve tandoori gobi with rumali roti .
baking basic recipe Bhindi chaat cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…