Eggless Donut !!! Ya, my daughter’s favorite. Eggless doughnuts offer a delicious, tempting dessert treat to all sweet lovers who are vegetarians. The freshly baked/fried eggless doughnuts taste awesome and make for an enticing evening snack dish. Prepare these round, golden brown, sugar-dusted eggless doughnuts at home with this easy recipe.
You will find step by step recipe of eggless donuts below. In this recipe, We are making donuts with the help of yeast. Donuts are best when eaten fresh. But You can store it also in an airtight container and refrigerate if you wanted to keep it for long.
lastly, i am sure you will like some more dessert recipes like
- Apple crumble / How To Make Apple Crumble Pudding
- Strawberry cream pudding
- Tipsy Pudding ( ENGLISH TRIFLE)
These are mini eggless doughnuts but you can make big doughnuts also by using the same recipe. I make stuff doughnuts and flavoured doughnuts by adding different flavours and stuffings like chocolate, butterscotch, hazelnuts and fruity flavours too. With this eggless doughnut recipe, we can make baked doughnuts too.
Kadai -To fry donuts a good quality kadhai is must i prefer flat kadhai for that.
Donut cutter– This tool is really a great help to make same size donuts.
Oven – I want to bake my donuts. A must to cut down the calories
stand mixer– The stand mixer is really a helpful machine i use it for almost everything while baking whipping and kneading .
Eggless Donut ringsCourse: COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKS, Let’s Bake
All-purpose flour – 2 cups (1-1/2 + 1/2)
Corn flour (Corn starch) – 1 tbsp
Active Dry yeast – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 4 tbsp
Butter, unsalted – 50 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- For the Chocolate Glaze
Dark chocolate, chopped – 50 gms (I used 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips)
Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/4 cup approx.,
- Reserve 1/2 cup flour separately. Grease a bowl with oil and keep it ready.
- The butter should be cold and hard. Cut it into small cubes and keep it ready.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together milk and vanilla essence and microwave at high for 30 secs. This heat would be perfect. You can also do this on the stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 1-1/2 cups flour, cornflour, yeast, salt, and fine sugar. Make a well in the center and pour the warm milk. Spread your fingers and mix it together. It will become a big lumpy mass.
- The dough will be sticky at this stage. Add the remaining 1/2 cup flour and knead well for 4-5 minutes. This kneading is really important to give a good 4-5 min. The more you knead more fluffy donuts you will get. Place the dough in the greased bowl. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour till it doubles in volume.
- After an hour, deflate the dough. Dust your work area with flour and place dough on it. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into 1/2 inch thick slab.
- Using a donut cutter, cut out the shapes. As I did not have a cutter, I used a cookie cutter held it upside down, and cut out a bigger circle. Then use any small bottle cap to cut out a hole in the middle of the circle. Gather the edges, once again, roll them and continue till all the dough is used up.
- Transfer the cut donuts to a greased baking tray and arrange them side by side leaving enough space in between. Cover with a thick cloth and let it rest for another 20 minutes for the second rise.
- Heat oil for frying in skillet or pan and fry these
- donuts on medium-high flame till golden brown. I wanted to make miniature donuts that’s why I have used small round cutter if you want bigger you can use proper donut cutter instead. Take out fried donuts and brush melted butter all over. Let it cool for 5 min.
- If not very comfortable with fried stuff you can bake it also there is very little difference in taste. For that.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C (400 F) and bake for 10 minutes or golden brown. Take it out and brush melted butter all over the donuts. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Glaze/Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, place all the ingredients for the glaze and heat it till the chocolate melts, while stirring continuously using a balloon whisk until it resembles a sauce. This should take just 2-3 minutes. Take off the stove and let it rest till it becomes warm and you can see it thickening slightly.
- To Glaze:
- Transfer the chocolate glaze to a shallow plate or bowl. Holding your Donuts upside down, dip the surface in the glaze and pull it up. Let the extra sauce dribble and turn your hand up in one swift movement and place the Donuts on a plate for the glaze to harden. Place colored sprinkles or silver balls on the glaze if you want to decorate it.