Jackfruit/kathal is a wonderful vegetable although, people find it difficult to handle raw jackfruit it tastes superb when cooked properly I am sure this step by step recipe will help you to make this excellent dish.
kathal ki sabji recipe | raw jackfruit curry | kathal sabji | jackfruit sabzi with the detailed recipe. An extremely popular meat alternative curry recipe made with tender or young jackfruit slices. it is considered as one of the premium curries and typically served with a choice of rotis or naan for any occasions and celebrations. young jackfruit slices can be used in different ways to make a curry, but this recipe is very much inspired by the Dhaba style gravy preparation.
I had used the cast iron pan to make this Kathal ki sabji
Lastly, I am sure you would like to visit a few of my posts from the blog;
Kathal masaledar ( jackfruit curry)Course: INDIAN DRY VEGETABLES, NORTH INDIAN CUISINE
Young Jackfruit – 500 gms
Oil – for deep frying
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onions – 1 medium, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Tomatoes – 4 medium, chopped
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup (divided)
Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Heat Oil for deep frying.
- Peel the spiny outer skin of jackfruit and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Fry Jackfruit until golden brown.
- Remove onto a paper towel-lined plate and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat Oil.
- Add Onions and a little salt and cook until light brown.
- Add Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric Powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes and cook until the oil separates.
- Reduce the stove to low and add Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala. Mix well.
- 10. Add 1/4 cup water, mix well and add fried Jackfruit. Mix to coat Jackfruit well.
- 11. Add Yogurt and mix quickly and thoroughly.
- 12. Add 1/4 cup water, mix, close lid, and cook for 3-5 minutes or 2-3 whistles.
- 13. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.