Jackfruit/kathal a wonderful vegetable although, people find it difficult to handle raw jackfruit it tastes superb when cooked properly I am sure this step by step recipe will help you to make this excellent dish.
Young Jackfruit – 500 gms
Oil – for deep frying
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onions – 1 medium, finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Tomatoes – 4 medium, chopped
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup (divided)
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
1. Heat Oil for deep frying.
2. Peel the spiny outer skin of jackfruit and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Fry Jackfruit until golden brown.
4. Remove onto a paper towel-lined plate and keep aside.
5. In a pressure cooker, heat Oil.
6. Add Onions and a little salt and cook until light brown.
7. Add Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric Powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add Tomatoes and cook until the oil separates.
9. Reduce the stove to low and add Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala. Mix well.
10. Add 1/4 cup water, mix well and add fried Jackfruit. Mix to coat Jackfruit well.
11. Add Yogurt and mix quickly and thoroughly.
12. Add 1/4 cup water, mix, close lid, and cook for 3-5 minutes or 2-3 whistles.
13. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Lastly, i am sure you would like to visit few of my post from blog;
Onion Capsicum Curry || Onion Capsicum Crunch
Banarasi Tamatar ki Chaat- An Indian Street Food
Aloo palak bhaji ( spinach and potato dry curry)
Dal Baati -A Rajasthani Delicacy
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe||Carrot Halwa||Quick Recipe
Aloo ke gutke - A Pahari Street Food
STUFFED KARELA- A Stir Fry
PANEER KORMA- A SPICY CURRY