Today I am sharing a tasty street food of Pakistan i.e. Katlama. Katlama is a typical traditional Lahori snack usually available in the festival season.
Pakistan, our friendly neighbourhood. we have many similarities in our cuisine and culture, that’s why we love their food as much as we love ours. These day’s I am exploring their cuisine and I found some very interesting vegetarian recipes. I tried some of them and it came out to be so good that I really wanted to share with you all.
In India, we love street food the taste, aroma and feel of street food is awesome Street food is ready-to-eat food or drink sold by a hawker, or vendor, in a street or other public place, such as at a market or fair. It is often sold from a portable food booth, food cart, or food truck and meant for immediate consumption and I know my friendly neighbour Pakistan also agree with me.
As a matter of fact, Katlama is a Pakistani flatbread/roti. Moreover, Its taste is very much like the Indian dal kachori. The only difference I found is that, we stuff filling in kachori and they topped it with dal mixture and fry it. But, it tastes awesome, katlama is basically a street food of Pakistan. Enjoy!!
Katlama (Pakistani flatbread)Course: Main, SnacksCuisine: Pakistani, IndianDifficulty: Easy
Katlama is a typical traditional Lahori snack usually available in festival season. Katlama topped with Basin
All purpose flour ……….. 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour ………..1 cup
Green moong daal ………..1 cup
Dry mango powder / chat masala…………1 tsp
Carom seeds ……………..1/2 tsp
Checkpea flour …………..1/2 cup
Chilly paste…………………. 1 tbsp
Coriander chopped ……..1 bunch
Coriander seeds …………..1 tsp
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
- Wash and Soak moong dal in water for 3-4 hours or overnight .
- Roast chickpea flour on hot griddle.
- Make a coarse paste and add amchur powder(dry mango powder), carom seeds (ajwain), coriander seeds, salt, chilly paste, chopped coriander, roasted chickpea flour and water enough to mix this (should not be too thick, not too thin also ) keep it aside.
- For dough :
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, oil, water, make a soft dough.
- Rest dough for 15 minutes, then roll this like thin sheet and spread the masala on top of this and deep fry them. Cook both the side till light brown and crisp.
- Your crispy crunchy katlama ( Pakistani flat bread ) is ready to serve. Serve this with curd.
Lastly, I would like you to suggest few of my related posts like: