Today, I am sharing a very basic, simple, and easy to make recipe Onion Capsicum Curry with the uniqueness of peanut crunch. Being winters my fridge was loaded with garden-fresh green capsicum. In my house, capsicum is not very popular among children but it has such good health benefits that I try to make it in different ways so that they eat it. And somehow, I achieved my goal. Capsicums are beautifully colored fruits that are named differently, depending on the place where they come from.
In Fact, In Britain, these are called chilli peppers, red or green pepper (by the colour), or sweet pepper. However, In the US and Canada, they are called bell peppers and In Australia and Asia, they are known as capsicum. Moreover, in some countries, they are even called paprika (where the paprika powder is derived from). Cayenne and jalapeno are the “hotter” versions.
However, we call it Capsicum or Shimla Mirch, the name doesn’t matter actually. We just enjoy the flavor and crunch together. Bell peppers have a very high content of vitamin A, C, and E (all anti-oxidants) that help to effectively neutralize free radicals. Anti-oxidants protect the body from carcinogenic and toxic substances. Just by this virtue alone, it is a good remedy for many health problems.
Finally, Onion capsicum is a quick and healthy recipe with a crunch and benefits of roasted peanuts which goes well with any Indian bread/roti or parathas. Enjoy step by step recipe of peanut onion capsicum crunch.
Lastly, i would like to suggest you few more curry recipes :
Onion capsicum curry ||Peanut onion capsicum crunchCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Onion capsicum is a quick and healthy recipe with a crunch and benefits of roasted peanuts which goes well with any Indian bread/roti or parathas.
capsicums ….2 big
Big onion ……4
Jeera …………1/2 tsp
Roasted peanuts ….2 tbsp
Few curry leaves and red chilies
Chilli powder ….1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder …1/2 tsp
Coriander powder….1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
- How to make Capsicum crunch:
- Wash and cut capsicums into small pieces and onions into long slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add red chillies and jeera.
- Add onion when jeera seeds start spluttering. Fry till onions turn light brown.
- Add capsicum pieces and fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander, chilli powder and salt. Fry for 5 minutes more.
- Crush roasted peanuts and sprinkle on capsicum.
- Take off from the fire after a minute.
- Garnish with green coriander strings and a few peanuts.
- Serve with any Indian bread.
- I have used green capsicum in this because I have plenty in my garden.. but for special occasions, you can use different color capsicum …it gives a beautiful color to your veggie as well as it increases health benefit also because …stronger the color of the bell peppers, the higher the concentration level of anti-oxidants.
baking basic recipe Bhindi cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food