Besan cheela || Travel friendly food || Healthy breakfast
Today I am sharing a very healthy protein rich breakfast option i.e Besan Cheela with step by step recipe with pictures and a video.
My two cents on life:
As I sit back here to pen this post down, I feel like am traveling back in time, at least mentally! Down the memory lane the good 23 years of married life. It’s not easy for a lady or infact, even for a guy, to adjust and compromise …It is important to balance and understand each other, I believe. Army life is full of excitement, separations and tons of enjoyment, what else does one need in life? Fulfillment and excitement !!! Surprises make life so beautiful.
When I got married I didn’t even imagine this is how my life would turn out to be. I had very different expectations. Now,I have my own family my daughters my loving husband….I do everything for them and their health. I just love to fulfill their demands and being there for them. However, sometimes I really enjoy some alone time. Some ‘me’ time in my kitchen, spending time focusing on my passion. At that time somehow I just love being alone and by myself…I really enjoy long drives too…just pack few tit bits and travel friendly snacks and enjoy the beauty of the nature. For long drives I prepare travel friendly food like Cheela ,Thepla, Poori and Kaddu sabji etc..Besan cheela is also one of them. With only a few ingredients, you can make this very healthy and nutritious besan ka cheela and oh so quickly. I generally make basan ka cheela when I want to eat something light yet tasty..I am sure you will also agree! Just follow simple step by step recipe of Besan Ka Cheela BESAN KA CHEELA
For more such recipes visit my blog category Breakfast Recipes
Besan Cheela -A Healthy BreakfastCourse: Beginner’s Cookbook, Breakfast Recipes, CREPES || DOSA || CHEELA, Quick food for breakfast/lunch/dinner, TRAVEL BITES
Besan Chilla, a protein rich nutritious pancake made from the gram flour(besan) is a popular snack for breakfast, commonly called veg omelet.
Gram flour (besan) – 2 Cups
Green chilly – 1
Ginger – 1 inch long piece.
Tomato – 2 medium-sized chopped finely
Onion – 1 big- sized chopped finely
Hing – 1 pinch (as per your taste)
Red Chilly – 1/8 tea spoon.
Salt- according to your taste
Coriander Powder – 1 tea spoon
Green Coriander – Half bowl
- Wash the tomatoes, take out the seeds of green chilly and wash it, peel the ginger and wash it. Now grind green chili and ginger in the grinder to make a paste.Sieve the besan and take it out in a separate container.
- Now pour 1 cup of water in the besan and make a smooth batter. Put the chopped tomato and onions and green chilli ginger gravy, and mix it well.
- Put some more water in the mixture to make a thick paste of it, suitable to make pakoras
- Now add (asafoetida) hing, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt. Add chopped fresh green coriander and mix the batter for at least 2-3 minutes.Now cover the batter with a lid and leave it for 10 minutes. The batter to make cheela is now ready.
- Put the non-stick pan on the stove and heat a teaspoon of oil on it to make the pan greasy. Now wipe the greased pan with a clean cloth.
- Put the flame on medium, and pour 1 or 1-1/2 spoon the batter and spread it evenly on the pan. You can make the first cheela small in size, as there is a possibility of it getting stuck to the pan. Now pour few drops of oil at the corners of the cheela, and spread the tea spoon of oil over the cheela evenly.
- Cook the Cheela till the upper layer changes its colour and the bottom layer turns golden brown in colour. Now flip it with the help of a wooden spatula, and cook it till the other side also turns golden brown in colour.
- Spread a napkin paper on a plate and put the cooked cheela on it. Repeat the steps with the second cheela also. Instead of keeping the second cheela over the first one, it is better to keep it separate.Prepare all the Cheelas in the same manner.
- Gram Flour Pancake (Besan ka Cheela) is ready to eat now. It can be served along with green coriander chutney.
- # Spread the batter on the pan only when it is properly heated, because if the pan is not fully heated the batter may stick to it. Cook the Cheela at a medium flame. On high flame the cheela will become dark brown very soon without getting properly cooked.
- # You can add vegetables like grated carrot, cauliflower, chopped spinach etc. according to your taste to the Cheela.
- # Cheela make a healthy and handy lunch box option for children, spread each Cheela with tomato sauce/ green chutney and pack in lunchbox.
- # Plain gram flour cheelas stays good for upto 3-4 days when packed properly in an aluminum foil. Just omit vege’s and add green chillies and coriander according to taste …rest procedure is same as above.
- # Sometimes a tbsp. of sesame seeds are added for extra crunch and flavors while aluminum foil.
- If you have found this recipe interesting and you feel this recipe can take special place in your meals .. do share with us your comments and suggestions are always welcome …
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…
baking basic recipe Bhindi chaat cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern paneer Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food