Besan ke Tinde || Round gourd with roasted gram flour
Another recipe in the series ‘summer bites’. Tinda / round guard or Indian baby pumpkin whatever you may call it most people do not like this vegetable. However,taste wise I would give 10/10 to this vegetable if cooked properly with love and passion. Step By Step Recipe of Besan Ke Tinde.
I always recommend this vegetable as it easily creates a place in your party menu also. In my previous posts I had shared a very interesting recipe, i.e.stuffed tinda, a very aromatic and tasty tinda stuffed with cottage cheese.
WHAT IS ACHARI MASALA:
Achari Masala is a mix of Indian spices which is used to pickle a variety of ingredients. This masala can be used to flavour various curries and starters. Make this amazing homemade version and add it in your regular food and see how it takes the taste to the next level. It is consist of Dry roast dry red chilies, coriander seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin on medium heat till slightly browned and fragrant. crushed and use as required. mixture of this masala is commonly known as panchpooran too.
In this recipe, Tindas or round guard cut and roasted in various masalas and gram flour, blend of masalas and gram flour increased the taste of the vegetable.
Finally, For similar recipes of stir fry curries visit my blog category Stir Fry here you will find more such curries like..
- Aloo ke gutke – A Pahari Street Food
- DRY POTATO CURRY ‘ SPECIALLY FOR POTATO LOVERS’
- Mushroom and Spinach Malai Curry
Besan Ke Tinde – An Indian CurryCourse: Indian Curries, Quick food for breakfast/lunch/dinner, summer bites
A very interesting recipe, tinda’s roasted in achari masalas and germ flour. It’s very aromatic and tasty. The blend of different spices make it more tasty.
5-6 Tindas / Round gourd washed & chopped into quarter peices (Tinda’s are generally round so cut them in 4 equal parts)
1 medium sized onion washed & finely chopped
1 table spoon ginger chopped
1 tsp achari masala
1/2 tsp Jeera
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp dry mango
3-4 tbsp gram flour
Oil 2 tbsp
Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.Add jeera seeds, when the aroma comes, add the onion & saute till they are golden brown.
- Then add chopped ginger, chopped green chilli and fry for a minute.
- Now add the tinda & add all the dry spices except mix well,cover the pan with a lid and cook it till its a little soft.
- Now add gram flour and roast it nicely by stirring it continuously or till Gram flour will mix with spices and quoted well on tinda’s .
- At the end sprinkle amchoor powder and mix well. Garnish with green coriander
- and serve hot with roti, parantha / Indian flat bread
baking basic recipe Bhindi cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food