Today, sharing a kid’s friendly recipe of Macaroni Casserole, with the goodness of vegetables. I am sure this recipe will definitely impress your kids. However, you can include this recipe in any kid’s party menu.
Macaroni has long been regarded as a kid-favorite, this recipe brings this pasta to a family level. Indian style cooked macaroni with lots of vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes and cheese baked till getting the perfect golden-brown crust. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner tonight.
Macaroni is always considered a bachelor’s food too. Mac & Cheese is one of the favorites among youngsters. I also love Mac And Cheese, add little veggies in that, It will increase the nutritional value of your favorite dish you can make a green sauce by adding spinach too. Macaroni Casserole is a very good option for amateur cooks too. As it is a very tasty one-pot meal too.
This Macaroni Casserole is creamy casserole that is truly a show stopper! Not only is this creamy macaroni and cheese recipe easy to make it, has a special ingredient making it extra delicious!
This dish has so much velvety cheese in a quick homemade sauce that, once you try it, this is going to be the only baked macaroni & cheese dish you’ll ever need!
Did you liked the recipe of Macaroni Casserole? You will find more such recipes in my blog category Let’s Bake like..
- BAKED RICE CASSEROLE
- Bread Roll|Baked Bread Roll
- Savory Tarts- A Cocktail Snack
- Submarine sandwich / Hero sandwich
- Eggless Donut rings
- and so on…
Macaroni Casserole- Kids FriendlyCourse: MainCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
A very delicious and different Macaroni Casserole with goodness of vegetables and perfect for kids party.
- For the first layer … Macaroni layer
Macaroni Pasta – 2 cups
Carrots – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 to 5 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
Optional (add more vegetables if preferred):
Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
Mushroom – 1/4 cup, chopped
Spring Onions – 2 tbsp, to garnish
- For the second layer – The cheese layer
4-5 cheese slices
- For the third layer- Mashed potato layer
1 tablespoon butter
6 boiled and peeled potatoes
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 green chilli chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- For Garnishing :
1/2 cup chopped Onion
1/4 cup chopped Tomatoes
4 Tbsp chopped cilantro or fresh coriander
Freshly grated Parmesan
- For the first Layer – The macaroni layer
- Heat a pan of salted water over medium flame.
- Add the macaroni pasta and cook until aldente.
- Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add onion and green chillies stir well, add capsicum and mushroom and sauté.
- Add the carrots, macaroni, tomato sauce, red chilli powder and stir well.
- Cook for a minute or two.
- Remove from flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Now set a layer of cooked macaroni pasta at the bottom of the dish.
- For the Second layer ….cheese layer
- For this you need four cheese slices.
- Place cheese slices on the top of macaroni layer so that they cover it properly . As shown in picture .
- For the third layer ….mashed potatoes layer
- Pressure cook the potatoes in a salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain; return the potatoes to the glass pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter.
- Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish with macaroni and cheese layer, topped pasta with mashed potatoes. Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture and chopped onion, tomatoes and cilantro/ coriander over the mashed potatoes. sprinkle some cheese. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the casserole till upper layer turn light golden brown. Serve hot.