Nutri keema paratha | Soya stuffed Indian bread
Sharing a nutritious paratha, Vegetarian Keema Paratha is a protein packed Indian flatbread stuffed with spicy soy granules. Serve with yogurt and pudina chutney for a delicious meal any time of the day.
Break the fast of several hours of abstinence from food, is what breakfast literally means. Our brain which was at rest during the night needs to be rejuvenated and energized again in the morning. This makes breakfast a very important and crucial meal of the day. Remember, healthy breakfast is very important for our good health. This is the reason I always insist on healthy options.
At my home breakfast is consider to be a very important meal and weekday menus are decided one day prior. The Weekend’s menu is the responsibility of my daughters and as you know kids are kids, very often they demand for fast food like burger, pizzas, kathi roll and so on. Fortunately, once in a while I get the opportunity to decide weekend breakfast. Best time to show my culinary skills,for sure I use my talent to give them a power pack healthy breakfast.
Back to the recipe:
Keema is an immensely popular dish in India made usually with Lamb. Being a vegetarian I usually stay out of those joints where they serve meat preparations. However, my daughters relish non-vegetarian dishes, often I see them order Keema Paratha whenever we go out.
So I thought why not try veg keema paratha with nutri (by now you know all my tricks to convert unhealthy to healthy food :p) ..I have used the spices that are normally used for making Keema but i used nutri/ soya granules instead of Lamb. I was not sure, if it looks or tastes like a regular kheema but this dish sure is a wonderfully aromatic and well spiced, and when I stuffed it in parantha my daughters appreciated it so much that now veg keema paratha has included in “must cook once in weak ” menu list.
After that I experimented on it in different ways by making mutter keema paratha, gobhi keema paratha and even with quinoa keema …I will post all those recipes soon but firstly my daughters first choice ..step by step recipe of Nutri Keema Paratha
Veg keema paratha -An Indian BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Vegetarian Keema Paratha is a Veg version of the Famous Mughlai paratha, it is a crispy North Indian delicacy which can be loved by several vegetarians.
- FOR THE STUFFING:
1 cup nutri / soya granules
2 tbsp Ghee,
1 large Onion, finely chopped
1 large capsicum,.finely chopped
2 green chilli chopped
3 cloves Garlic, or to taste, finely chopped
1 tbsp grated Ginger
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/8 tsp Cloves ground
2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder, or as per taste
2 tsp Cumin-Coriander powder
2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt and Pepper to taste
Few sprigs of Cilantro
1. Ghee imparts a delicious rich flavor that it needs to compensate for some of the absent fat from its meat counterpart.
- FOR THE STUFFING:
- wash and boil soya granules with dash of salt.
- In the skillet, add the Ghee and saute the onions,capsicum, green chilli, garlic and ginger along with salt for around 5-6 minutes – or until its aromatic and onions are soft and slightly browned Add the turmeric, sauté and add the rest of the spices cook for some more time Takes around 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze and drain extra water from soya granules add it and let it cook for
another 5 minutes. I close the lid for the flavors and aroma to remain intact.
- combine well. Keep on medium flame for another 5-6 minutes for the flavors to mingle well. And dries up nicely.
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 450 g whole wheat flour
- teaspoons vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
- teaspoon salt
- tbsp oil for frying
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- Mix all the ingredients except oil for frying, knead it to make a soft dough. keep aside covered with wet cloth for 5-10 min,
- Divide the stuffing into the same number of portions as discs and spoon into the middle of disc.
- Cover the disc with another rolled disk and seal it by pressing from edges.
- Roll out each stuffed disc gently into a disc 1/2 inch thick.as shown in picture.
- Heat a griddle and fry each disc, turning them over every two minutes till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drizzle a little ghee or oil all over. Serve hot with green chutney and curd.
- You will get a fair idea of how to go about it from this picture…..
- It’s really important to dry up the stuffing properly, otherwise it will be difficult to roll the paranthas .
- To prevent sticking while rolling use good amount of dry flour. If you are a beginners.
- You can enjoy it cold as well as hot.
- It is a very healthy tiffin food option too.
- You can reduce / increase oil while frying as per your requirement.
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food