Savory Tarts || Vegetable Tarts
Baking relaxes my mood and boost up my emotions. Whenever, I feel low I bake. Today is one of those days, so I baked Savory Tarts for my family. I Am sharing the same with step by step recipe with you all.
Every individual has a different way of relaxation. Thus, you have to find your own way to sooth your mind and to relax your soul. It is true that life is like a rollercoaster, ups and downs are an integral part of life. sometimes Life takes a number of turns during its whole span.
Life may not be kind to you all the time. Though there are tough times which really test your courage and your capabilities of facing unfavorable situations. How well you tackle these adverse conditions prove your credibility. People who just close their eyes to avoid facing the hardships of life are cowards. They do not have courage and stamina to stand firm in front of life’s demon.
Army life is really tough for officers and ladies as well, in a way for other family members too. Sometimes, we face so many challenges and fall into depression, find out your own way to fight with it. Remember, that nothing can be done without trying. Without striving hard to get yourself out of the trouble, without facing the situations.
Such incidents in life improve your approach towards destiny. They also, make your think a bit more rationally. If there were no such thrills in life, it would be quite boring and monotonous. These incidents make you a strong nerved person. In other words, life tests you all the time. That is why my grand mom always used to say ….
‘Life is different from a teacher because teacher, teaches a lesson and takes the exam but life takes the exam first and then teaches a lesson’. However, for me cooking is very relaxing and refreshing.
Whenever, I find myself depressed or unhappy I just take a deep breath and fold my sleeves to cook something very tempting. This makes my daughters happy and gets a smile on my husbands face. Recently at one of these occasion I cooked my daughters favorite snacks vegetable pie cups, and they just loved it.
These Savory Tarts are perfect snacks for breakfast and excellent for picnic basket and a travel food. Follow step by step recipe to make these crunchy tasty savory tarts
Savory TartsCourse: COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKSCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
Frozen puff pastry makes for a quick crust and it bakes up light and crisp. Vegetarian tarts are such a crowd-pleaser and perfect for almost any occasion.
- For Short Crust Pastry (Dough ) :
120 gm plain flour (maida)
60 gm butter – cold
2 tbsp ice cold water or as needed
- For Vegetable Layer:
2 big sized onions
2 big sized tomatoes
1/2 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp Maxican seasoning
salt to taste
- Sieve flour in a bowl. Cut butter with the knife into small cubes and mix with the flour.
- Rubbing butter gently with the flour using fingertips until the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Carefully handle the dough ( rub quickly and lightly with your finger tips, lifting mixture up all the time to incorporate as much cool air as possible.)
- Add ice cold water. Sprinkle the water evenly over the mixture.
- Quickly bind the mixture into a smooth dough with the hand using no pressure at all .
- Mix very lightly. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap or a moist cloth and chill for 15-20 min. In the fridge.
- Divide dough into two parts in 4:1 ratio use forth part and save 1 part for later use.
- Flour the rolling pin lightly. Roll out the pastry 1/4″ thick or even thinner. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or a katori slightly bigger then the tart tin or muffin moulds. Clean & grease a tart shells or muffin try.
- line with the cut rounds, making sure that they fit the mould well covering the sides also.
- Prick with the fork. Bake blind for 8 min. In the center of hot oven 200c till very light golden in colour,take out from oven. Cool.
- For vegetable filling ..
- Wash n peel n dice carrots into small cubes.Wash n string beans and cut them finely.Peel n chop onions finely and Chop tomatoes finely keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions and sauté until light brown.
- Now add carrots and beans and saute until cooked.Add chopped tomatoes and sauté till oil separates.
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix well. Add boiled green peas and corn. mix well. Add Maxican seasoning as well and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce Add chopped coriander and mix well and leave aside.
- How to proceed ..
- Fill all prepared tart shells with spoonful of vegetable filling and top it with cheese
- Now roll the leftover 1 part of the dough and cut strips out of it and cover filled shells with these strips in criss cross manner.
- Bake filled shells in preheated oven for 15- 20 min or till it turn golden brown.
- Serve hot .
baking basic recipe Bhindi chaat cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…