An essential part of a fabulous meal are the pudding / desserts. A good dessert can turn an average meal into a memorable feast. During berry season I get to make so many exotic puddings! Strawberry Cream Pudding is one of them.
A Bits Of My Army Life:
When I got married to an Army Officer, throwing parties was my biggest nightmare as every time I had to cook something different and perfect. All other ladies were such excellent cooks and I often heard stories of their amazing food from my husband as he use to visit them or you can say bother them very often for food before we were married( bachelor attacks ) ;p
My Waterloo was puddings, thank God my cooking has improved over the years otherwise this blog would not exist.
My family loves desserts and often refuses to have them outside. All credit goes to my seniors and of course my friends, who taught me how to make desserts from scratch.
Back to the recipe:
During the season I store lots of berries in my fridge ether in purée form or just frozen for later use, this time I am playing with lots of fresh strawberries from my backyard. So I thought of a tasty but very simple strawberry cream pudding.
Strawberry cream is a very simple pudding just four ingredients and its done: Strawberries, Agar Agar, Whipped Cream and Sugar.
What is the difference between Gelatin and Agar Agar?
Agar Agar/China Grass : Both Agar and Gelatin are essential ingredients in the preparation of desserts worldwide. The main difference between agar and gelatin is the source from which they are derived. I have used agar agar instead of gelatin as gelatin is an animal product and agar agar /china grass in purely vegetarian. If you are ok with that you can use gelatin as well .
what is the difference between Whipped Cream and Fresh Cream :
Remember, you should only use Whipped Cream for this dessert and not Fresh Cream as Whipped Cream whips very nicely, holds its shape (although for not too long like heavy cream) and gives a lighter, softer, and airy texture to the dessert. However, because Fresh Cream has a low fat content, it cannot be whipped and shaped for decorative purposes.
Strawberry Cream PuddingCourse: DessertCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Strawberry Cream Pudding is such an easy strawberry dessert recipe to make for Valentine’s Day. It’s basically strawberries and cream taken up a notch!
3 tablespoons cold water
2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin/ agar agar
4 cups strawberries ( fresh / frozen )
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract / strawberry extract
3/4 cup full fat whipping cream
1 cup strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch dice
4 teaspoons sugar
3-4 tsp water
- To prepare cream:
- Stir together water and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the gelatin has completely dissolved but the liquid is not boiling, 20 to 30 seconds. (Alternatively, bring 1/2 inch water to a gentle simmer in a small skillet. Set the bowl with the gelatin mixture in the simmering water until the gelatin has dissolved completely.) Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Place strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and puree. Whip cream for 4-5 min. Or till peak formation. Add whip cream to purée, pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the dissolved gelatin.
- To prepare topping and serve:
- Toss diced strawberries and sugar in a small pan let stand until slightly juicy, about 2 minutes add water and cook for 2-3 min till sugar dissolve and turn creamy and saucy.
- Line glass bowl or wineglass with strawberry sauce by pouring a spoonful of sauce in it and tilt glass in circular motion so that it coated with strawberry sauce now Pour the cream into it . Top it with saucy strawberries for decoration. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Asian Cuisine Beginner's Cookbook Bengali Cuisine Breakfast Recipes CHUTNEYS,SAUCES & DIPS COCKTAIL PARTY SNACKS COMBINATION MEALS CONTINENTAL FOOD CREPES || DOSA || CHEELA Festival Recipes Food For Fasting Green vegetable Gujarati cuisine HALWA AND FUDGE Healthy & Tasty Diet Food Hydrabadi cuisine Indian Curries INDIAN CURRIES FOR PARTIES INDIAN DRY VEGETABLES INDIAN STREET FOOD INDIAN SWEETS Kashmiri Cuisine Let's Bake Lintels or Dals Maharashtrian cuisine Mughlai Cuisine NORTH INDIAN CUISINE Pahadi cuisine Paneer Recipes PARTY MEAL PLANNING PICKLES AND SAUCE Prasad recipe pudding Punjabi cuisine Quick food for breakfast/lunch/dinner rajasthani cuisine Refreshing Coolers rice delicacy Roti/Parantha/Naan/Indian-bread Sandwiches soups and salads south indian cuisine summer bites TRAVEL BITES Uncategorized