I am Sharing a recipe of Lemon Rice. It is giving me immense pleasure as this rice preparation is a another feather on my blog category Leftover Bestever. This Rice is a best recipe to use party leftover rice.
This is one of the most popular and often made rice recipe from South India. A rice dish I have had at a few South Indian temples and also in restaurants. Today it was a nostalgic moment for me as my sis-in-law has shared some old family pictures with us. This took me back to the memories of those good days when my mom in law was with us. Being youngest and only daughter in law she pampered me a lot. she use to cook for me. she taught me so many dishes from different cuisines. Her speciality was punjabi and south Indian cuisine ….
You can make lemon rice with freshly cooked rice or even with leftover rice. The peanuts add crunch to this sour and aromatic rice recipe. South Indian food is one of my favorite. Variety of crepes, lemon rice and tamarind rice is also one of them and I must say, my mom in law was expert in this, sharing today my mom in laws special lemon rice ..
LIKING RECIPES ? DO NOT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW RECIPES. DO SHARE RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK AND MUST GIVE RECIPE A FIVE STAR RATING.
Lemon Rice -A Flavorful RiceCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, southindianDifficulty: Medium
Easy South Indian style Lemon Rice with lemon juice, curry leaves and crunchy peanuts! This flavorful rice make a great lunch.
1 cup heaped regular rice or 3 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons lemon juice or add as required
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon urad dal
2 dry red chilies
1 to 2 green chilies, chopped
12 curry leaves
1 generous pinch asafoetida (hing)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon cashews – halved or chopped (optional)
¼ cup peanuts – optional
2 to 3 tablespoon oil
salt as required
- COOKING RICE:
- Rinse 1 heaped cup rice a couple of times and soak for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt and cook rice for 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Heaped cup rice will yield 3 to 4 cups rice. This depends on the type and quality of rice.
- Let the rice become warm or cool at room temperature.
- MAKING LEMON RICE
- In a frying pan, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. First fry peanuts till crunchy and then keep them aside.
- In the same oil, then fry cashews till golden. Remove and keep aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Once the mustard seeds begin to crackle, add the urad dal.
- Saute till the urad dal turns golden. fry everything on a low flame, so that the spices don’t burn.
- Then add the red chilies, green chilies (chopped) and curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds till the red chilies change color.
- Switch off the flame and add the asafoetida and turmeric powder. Mix very well
- Stir and immediately pour this tempering mixture on the rice. Add the fried peanuts, cashews, lemon juice and salt. Mix very well.
- Keep it covered for the flavors to blend for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then serve the lemon rice with curd, papads and coconut chutney or just have lemon rice plain.
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…