I am sharing a recipe for Lemon Rice. It is giving me immense pleasure as this rice preparation is another feather in my blog category Leftover Bestever. This Rice is the best recipe to use for party leftover rice.
Easy to cook lemon rice:
This is one of the most popular and often made rice recipes from South India. A rice dish I have had at a few South Indian temples and also in restaurants. However, Today was a nostalgic moment for me as my sis-in-law has shared some old family pictures with us. This took me back to the memories of those good days when my mom in law was with us. Being the youngest and only daughter in law she pampered me a lot. she uses to cook for me. she taught me so many dishes from different cuisines. Her speciality was Punjabi and south Indian cuisine…
Although You can make lemon rice with freshly cooked rice with leftover rice, it is very convenient. However, The peanuts add crunch to this sour and aromatic rice recipe.
Moreover, South Indian food is one of my favourites. A variety of crepes, lemon rice and tamarind rice is also one of them and I must say, my mom in law was an expert in this, sharing today my mom in laws special lemon rice.
Finally, I would like to suggest a few more exotic dishes from my blog :
LIKING RECIPES? DO NOT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR NEW RECIPES. DO SHARE RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK AND MUST GIVE THE RECIPE A FIVE STAR RATING.
Lemon Rice -A Flavorful RiceCourse: MainCuisine: Indian, southindianDifficulty: Medium
Easy South Indian style Lemon Rice with lemon juice, curry leaves and crunchy peanuts! This flavorful rice makes a great lunch.
1 cup heaped regular rice or 3 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons lemon juice or add as required
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon urad dal
2 dry red chillies
1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
12 curry leaves
1 generous pinch of asafoetida (hing)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon cashews – halved or chopped (optional)
¼ cup peanuts – optional
2 to 3 tablespoons of oil
salt as required
- COOKING RICE:
- Rinse 1 heaped cup of rice a couple of times and soak for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt and cook rice for 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high flame.
- A heaped cup of rice will yield 3 to 4 cups of rice. This depends on the type and quality of rice.
- Let the rice become warm or cool at room temperature.
- MAKING LEMON RICE
- In a frying pan, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil. First, fry peanuts till crunchy and then keep them aside.
- In the same oil, then fry cashews till golden. Remove and keep aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Once the mustard seeds begin to crackle, add the urad dal.
- Saute till the urad dal turns golden. fry everything on a low flame, so that the spices don’t burn.
- Then add the red chillies, green chillies (chopped) and curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds till the red chillies change colour.
- Switch off the flame and add the asafoetida and turmeric powder. Mix very well
- Stir and immediately pour this tempering mixture on the rice. Add the fried peanuts, cashews, lemon juice and salt. Mix very well.
- Keep it covered for the flavours to blend for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then serve the lemon rice with curd, papads and coconut chutney or just have lemon rice plain.
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…