Amla Ka Achar || Gooseberry pickle || Quick pickle
Today I am Sharing a very Tasty, Tangy and Healthy Gooseberry Pickle or amla ka achar, a very simple quick pickle.
My garden is full of Indian gooseberries these days. I have learned that Indian gooseberry has tremendous health benefits.
The – amla – has been used in traditional Indian medicine, called Ayurveda, for millennia. However, Clinical studies suggest that it helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Another study showed that amla also helps block the growth of breast cancer cells and metastasis potential in vitro. In fact, They have anti-cancer properties along with cough-, fever-, pain-, stress-, and diarrhoea-suppressing effects. Gooseberries contain a healthy dose of scurvy-preventing vitamin C-69 per cent of the daily value and nearly 20 times the C in oranges.
Gooseberries are very sour to taste when consumed raw. That’s why to gain these health benefits of gooseberries, I decided to make pickle and chutney out of it. And get this: gooseberries lose none of the vitamin C nutrition in the cooking process. So let’s cook this gooseberry pickle! A healthy treat for your family!!
Finally, I would like to suggest few more recipes from my blog:
Gooseberry pickle ( Amla ka achar)Course: PICKLES AND SAUCE
Gooseberry – 15
Red chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric – 1 Tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Panch Puran ( roasted and lightly crushed ) 1 tsp
Salt – As needed
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 Tbsp
Green chilli – 4-5
Mustard Oil – 1/4 cup
- Wash and dry the gooseberry. wipe with a clean muslin cloth properly. make few incisions with a knife randomly.
- Boil enough water and add the washed gooseberry to it. Bring to boil again and cook for 2 mins. Drain, cool down and pit the seeds. If you cut the gooseberry, you will be able to take out the seeds easily.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, splutter mustard. Add asafetida powder and crushed panch phoran to it and add ginger garlic and green chilli to it, stir for a minute and then add the gooseberry. Fry for a minute well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and mix in low flame. Lastly, add remaining asafoetida and methi seeds powder. mix well and switch off the flame.
My LATEST VIDEO:
- Take best quality gooseberry for this recipe. It should be big and juicy.
- You Can Soak GooseBerry in lime water for a day if you want to get rid of the bitterness of amla.
DID YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE PLEASE MENTION AT @spiceworldbyminal
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food