SPONGE CAKE || SPONGE CAKE WITHOUT FAT || STEP BY STEP RECIPE
My entire family has a sweet tooth and that is why baking gives me more joy than any other sort of cooking. Sponge cake is always my go to dessert option when I need to make something good and easy.
This Sponge Cake also acts a great base for tons of other cakes and puddings. Its so easy to make that even rookies can perfect it!
This traditional and basic sponge cake is used in desserts like cassata, zuccotto,gâteau and tiramisù. It can be soaked with your favorite mixture and layered with cream fillings, covered with fondant, or just eaten on its own, sprinkled with powdered sugar. A tried and tested basic sponge cake recipe.
You can use this Cake for Puddings too. Do you love Baking? Visit my Blog Categories Let’s Bake for more Baking Recipes.You will find more recipes like Apple Crumble, Baked Bread Roll, Eggless Donuts and many more.
P.S. Weigh the ingredients very carefully to get a perfect sponge .
Basic Sponge CakeCourse: pudding
120 gm powdered sugar
100 gm flour (all purpose flour/ maida)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp Hot water
(9″ round or square tin, brown paper for lining)
- Prepare a 9″ round /square tin by lining it with paper. Grease the paper. Keep aside
- Sieve maida and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Separate egg whites in a clean dry beating bowl. Beat the eggs till fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating till all the sugar is used up and the mixture turn thick, fluffy and retain shape when beater is lifted . Add egg yolks and essence and beat well till thick and fluffy again
- Sprinkle flour evenly over eggs in 2-3 batches. Fold in gently using a large spatula.
- Gently fold in hot water. pour into a prepared tin . tap lightly and level. Put the cake tin on a wire rack in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degree for 30 min.
- To check, insert a knife or barbecue screwar in the centre. It should come out clean. Leave to cool for 5-10 min in the tin. Remove from tin on a wire rack and use.
- Always take large size eggs.
- Eggs should be at room temperature.
- All Ingredients should be at same temperature.
Add 2 tsp of strawberry, lemon, orange or butterscotch essence or desired additional flavour
Add 1/4th cup cocoa powder, reduce 1/4th cup flour (maida). Shift cocoa powder, flour and baking powder at step 2. Proceed from step 3 as given above.
Shift two tsp coffee powder at step 2 along with flour and baking powder. Proceed from step 3 as given above.
Add one tbsp coffee powder and 1/4th cup cocoa powder. Reduce 1/4th cup flour. Shift cocoa, coffee, flour and baking powder at step 2. Proceed from step 3 as given.
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…