Tipsy Pudding || Fresh Fruit Pudding || Fruit Dessert
RECIPE FOR TIPSY PUDDING (ENGLISH TRIFLE) I have been getting many requests lately to share recipes for Desserts, so here goes! I can assure you that this new series is going to have tons and tons of great recipes and will help you create sweet memories with your family like I have with mine.
With this sweet note today I am starting my new series- Desserts! First of all I want to thank my friends and all my blog readers for their love and appreciation. I would like to start this series with my absolute favourite: Tipsy Pudding (English Trifle).
My two cents on life:
Life, just like a tipsy pudding is like a roller-coaster. Happiness and sadness are like the ups and downs of a rollercoaster ride, but we all still love that rollercoaster. Sometimes life disappoints us, sometimes it makes us so happy that we get overwhelmed. These ups and downs in life may annoy us sometimes, but we need to face them head on.
We’ve all heard of making lemonade out of lemons, but I have a new saying – Make tipsy pudding out of ups and downs! Life is always going to surprise and shock us and there is nothing we can do about it, so let us enjoy this abrupt and amazing life, with all its sweetness and sourness and make a tipsy pudding?
In fect, Tipsy pudding is one of our (Army fraternity) favorite desserts. I am sure most of the readers from army background will agree with me. Since I got married this is ‘The’ pudding I have been making for my soldier and his friends. It is still one of his favorites. Traditionally, this pudding (English Trifle) is made with custard and whipped cream . However, I have used only full fat cream as it gives it a different twist and it goes very well with sherry and brandy. Although ,sherry and brandy are often used to make this pudding. Though, The same is optional and can be replaced with orange juice (Let me know in the comments if you want me to share the traditional recipe).
If you are looking for more pudding recipes you can visit my blog category pudding here you will find recipes like..
- Basic Sponge Cake
- Strawberry cream pudding
- Apple crumble / How To Make Apple Crumble Pudding
- CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE PUDDING
- And so on..
Tipsy puddingCourse: DessertCuisine: EnglishDifficulty: Medium
1 small square sponge cake
1 cup of any juice ( I prefer fresh orange juice)
- For Topping :
400 gm fresh dairy cream
2 cups finally chopped assorted fruits ( like mango,bananas, grapes,kiwi,pineapple, charry etc..)
2 tbsp pineapple/ mix fruit jam
2 drops essence
* 1/4 cup sherry/brandy (optional)
Fruit slices for decoration
- I have shared the recipe of sponge cake in another blogpost of mine just follow directions for the recipe. You can use readymade sponge cake from the market but the taste won’t be as good as homemade one.
- Prepare the yellow sponge cake according to directions using a 9-inch cake pan (reserve one layer for another use).
- cut baked cake layer horizontally into two equal layers.
- Place one sliced layer into a trifle dish or a large square glass bowl with straight sides.
- cover with 1/2 cup jam and half of the sliced strawberries. Pour approximately half of the orange juice over the cake or until it is moist but not sloppy.
- Pour 1/4 cup sherry or brandy over the top, as evenly as possible. Place the second sliced cake layer on top and cover with remaining jam and strawberries, pour remaining orange juice and sherry or brandy over the top.
- Beat fresh cream with whisker or electric beater till little fluffy add powdered sugar in it and beat for 2 more min. do not over beat.
- Now add chopped fruits of your choice in it, mix well add few drops of vanilla essence. decorate with toasted sliced almonds or sliced strawberry / cherries . Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
- For decoration you can use any fruit of your choice.
- you can use sliced almonds, and other nuts too.
- It is totally optional to use liquor you can easily omit if you want .
- you can use vanilla custard instead of whipped (full fat ) cream to save calories.
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern mushroom paneer parantha puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food