Step By Step Recipe Of Vegetarian Shami Kabab. Shami Kababs are famous all over the world. Their origin comes from Hyderabadi or Mughlai cuisine. Kababs are generally made from chicken or mutton. Because of which many vegetarians, like myself, lose the opportunity to try this amazing dish.
However, after trying for years and receiving critiques from my family, Here I prepared the quintessential Vegetarian Shami Kabab recipe! I know it’s unbelievable, but trust me after eating these kebabs everyone will forget the typical chicken/mutton Shami kababs.
In fact, I make this for cocktails as it is easy to prepare and has an amazing crunchy texture that everyone loves. A mixture of split chana daal and different spices, this easy-to-cook shami kebab recipe is to die for. Moreover, A perfect snack for dinner parties at home, Shami kabab will be great as a starter dish. You can serve it with a dip.
Finally, Do visit my other posts like Hyderabadi Biryani, Yakhni pulao, and Indian curries for more interesting recipes.
Vegetarian Shami Kababs - A Mughlai Delite
- 250 gm Bengal Gram (chana daal)
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera) powder
- To Taste salt
- To Deep Fry oil
- ½" inch Ginger chopped
- 2 Green chilli chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 tsp Gram Flour ( Besan) or
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Step 1- Clean and Soak dal for 4-5 hrs. Drain dal and put half of it into a mixer jar and grind coarsely without any water. Transfer into a glass bow
- Step 2- Grind the remaining dal a little more finely and transfer into the same bowl.
- Step 3- Add salt, caraway seeds, ginger, green chillies, onion, crushed red chillies and coriander leaves and mix well with hand.
- Step 4- Add gram flour and mix again. Heat sufficient oil for frying.
- Step 5- Dampen your fingers and take small portions of the mixture, roll into small cylindrical and slide into hot oil.
- Step 6- Deep fry on medium heat till half done. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Step 7- Cut each cylindrical into slant pieces Deep fry once again just before serving.
- Step 8- Drain on ABsorbent paper and serve hot with a chutney of your choice.
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…
Asian Cuisine Asian Food breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese curry diet food Dip easy recipe easy to cook health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet lemon mango mushroom onion paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food