Salads are a fresh and delicious way to keep yourself healthy. However, My favorite is the Bell Pepper and Baby Corn Salad. The freshness of the bell pepper and the sweetness of the corn! As a matter of fact, Bell peppers contain folate and are a good source of vitamin A (from beta-carotene), vitamin B6, and vitamin C. In adulthood, it is believed that bell peppers protect the body against rheumatoid arthritis and may also prevent the development of cataracts.
Although, Red peppers have an edge on green ones in terms of nutritional value. They contain more folate, an impressive nine times more beta-carotene, and lots of lycopene. Lycopene is an important carotenoid and plays a valuable role in later life, by protecting against cancer and heart disease.
Baby corn though not high in protein, is considered a healthy vegetable. Due to low carbs, high in fiber, a good amount of vitamins a, c, iron, and zero fat.
In fact, A combination of both gives a healthy bite.
Before you go further, I wanted to remind you to must visit my Blog Categories Healthy and Tasty Diet Food. You will find more such interesting recipes.
Lastly, I would like to suggest a few more recipes from my blog. Do visit and like, comment if you liked them do not forget to tag us @spiceworldbyminal or Hashtag #spiceworldbyminal if you tried it.
Bell pepper and baby corn saladCourse: Healthy & Tasty Diet Food, soups and salads
1 cup baby corn parboiled
1 cup red bell pepper roasted and sliced
1 cup yellow bell pepper roasted and sliced
1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar/ honey
Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour onto salad and toss again to well combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as you’d like.
- Place in refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- * you can add a little more crunch in this salad by adding Roasted walnuts, peanuts, or any other nuts of your choice
- * Can add salad seasonings to give a tasty twist.