Tasty And Healthy Upma || Multigrain upma
Start your day right with Three Grain Upma a very healthy and tasty breakfast option.
Its all about health!! There is a saying ‘health is wealth’ and health is all depend on how you eat? what you eat?and when you eat? Generally people think that diet food is very bland and tasteless.
This myth discourages them to indulge in diet plans. when i say myth I mean it …yes!! diet food can be very delicious. Believe me and follow all my recipes. little smart choices can convert your unhealthy food to a very delicious healthy food …
Today, i am sharing a healthy breakfast recipe i.e Three grain vegetable upma in which I used quinoa, sooji and oats with lots of veggies. Veggies are added to it for a nice crunch and they also make this dish perfect to serve for breakfast or a snack. The addition of peanuts and cashew nuts also takes care of the protein requirement making it a perfectly balanced dish. just try and let me know how you like it.
If you are looking for more healthy diet recipes like three grain upma check my website categories Healthy And Tasty Diet Food
Three Grain Upma (tasty and healthy)|पौष्टिक उपमा ।Course: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Breakfast options for good health, Upma is a traditional Indian breakfast made with sooji. I added oats and quinoa that’s make this upma very healthy.
1/2 cup semolina (sooji)
1/4 cup oats (roasted)
1/4 cup quinoa ( boiled)
1/2 inch ginger (finely chopped)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 green chili (finely chopped)
1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice
2 red chilli dry
1 tsp black mustard seed
1 tsp black gram
1 tsp Bengal gram
4-5 whole black pepper (crushed)
Few curry leaves
2 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
5_6 cashew nuts
Salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- How to make low calorie upma:
- Heat a pan and dry roast the sooji on a low flame till a nice aroma comes out. Take out on a plate. Make sure the sooji does not get too brown.
- Note: You can keep the suji roasted in advance in an airtight container.
- roast oats in same pan for few minutes and keep aside.
- use pre boiled quinoa keep aside
- Now heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seed. When the mustard seeds starts to crack add chana dal ,urad dal, crushed black pepper and green chili. Fry it for few minutes.
- Add onions and fry till it is translucent.
- Add ginger and saute for 2 min add some chopped vegetables like carrot, beans, peas,corn ,Bell peppers and cauliflower. Saute them with ginger. then add salt and 3/4 cup of water to it and let the water boil.
- Then add sooji ,oats mixture gradually.
- Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Add quinoa (boiled) in it
- Cover it for few seconds and let it cook till it starts to get pulpy.
- sprinkle some water if you find upma little dry .
- Turn off the heat and at last add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Garnish upma with coriander leaves and cashews.
RELATED Recipe Video
basic recipe Bhindi breakfast cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango milkshake mushroom paneer parantha puddings Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread vegetarian vegetarian food
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…