How to make Chana Masala || Punjabi Chole || chickpea curry || मसालेदार चने कैसे बनाएं
Today i will share with you how to make super tasty punjabi style chana masala with step by step recipe and video recipe in hindi.
I feel cooking is a very interesting way to celebrate life. It is a celebration of life and it always makes everyone happy!
However due to the coronavirus and the lockdown everyone has been having a hard time taking out the time to cook on top of their daily work schedules. But why should we compromise because of this and have mediocre food when we can made delicious food in no time? Hence, I have decided to share a secret with you all today.
Most of my non-panjabi friends feel that making Chana Masala like a pro is an art, I agree, but the art is hidden behind the special chana masala powder which is a blend of different roasted spices. My grandma used to make this powder at home with freshly roasted spices, the recipe of which I have enclosed below in a link. This recipe is a super easy and quick to make. Once you have this masala Powder ready, making this delicious dish is as easy as pie! (pun intended)
To make this dish, you’ll need onion, ginger, garlic, and several good-for-you spices, including coriander, cumin, turmeric and chana masala powder. The special Powder in the link is the traditional spice blend for the dish, but if you don’t have that on handy then different brands of the powder are available in the market and you can easily use one of them. However, it is suggested, in the interest of authentic and original taste, to use the traditional Homemade Chana Masala powder
How to make chana masala || Chickpea curry||मसालेदार चने कैसे बनाएं ||Course: MainCuisine: Indian, PunjabiDifficulty: Medium
- To Make Chana Masala We needed :
2 cups CHICKPEAS or chole
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup Tomato Puree or Paste
3 medium Onions (finely chopped in chopper)
2 cloves minced Garlic (optional as per taste)
1 tbsp. Ginger paste
2 Green Chilies chopped
Salt to taste
¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
1½ tsp. Red Chili Powder
1 tsp. Coriander powder
4 tsp. Vegetable Oil / Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
3 tsp. of Chana Masala Powder
¼ tsp. Cumin Seeds
For Garnishing ;
2 small Onion
1Tomato (sliced in Rings)
- Soak chhole/beans overnight in salty warm water with two tea bags. (adding Tea Bags will turn Chana Black in Color)
- Boil Chole/Chana along with tea bags in pressure cooker/Microwave till they become soft.
- On Medium Low Heat, Heat the Pan first and put Oil in Pan.
- When oil is ready (you can throw one cumin seed if it sizzles then oil is ready). Add Cumin seeds.
- When Cumin Seeds splutter, add minced Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Add chopped Onions and add a pinch of Salt and fry till they turn brown (Adding salt while frying Onions makes it quicker to fry Onions)
- Add coriander powder and fry for some time till it becomes light brown.
- Add turmeric powder & chili powder and Salt to taste.
- Add Garam Masala and Chana Masala and again fry for some time.
- Add Pureed tomatoes and fry till the oil leaves from the sides.
- Add chopped Green Chilies.
- Take out the Tea Bags and Add Chole/Chana into the Pan without water and stir so that it gets mixed up well.
- Add the same water which was left in pressure cooker while boiling Chole/Chana .
- Cook the Chole/Chana with gravy for 8-12 min’s till gravy dries (but Chana or Masala should not burn).
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and ring Onions and Tomato.
- Serve with Puris, Tandoori roti, Bhatoora or Rice.
Recipe Video in hindi
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…
amba laungi Baked breadroll Bread Roll breakfast chutneys cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food easy to cook health recipes healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to cook how to make Indian Breads indian breakfast Indian cuisine indian curries Indian food Indian Roasted Cauliflower indian snacks Indian sweet madua madwa Madwe ki roti mango and grapes mango chutney milkshake paneer parantha Ragi flour Ragi ki roti Rajasthani cuisine raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Vegetable Roll vegetarian vegetarian food