Salads are my favourite. From the side dishes to the main course no menu is complete without a salad. Quinoa salad is indeed one of the healthiest forms of salads and is a true Healthy Treat!!
A healthy diet is a key to a long life. We all need a balance of protein, fat, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins, and minerals in our diets to sustain a healthy body. You don’t need to eliminate certain categories of food from your diet, but rather select the healthiest options from each category.
While many “light and fresh” salads leave you hungry in an hour, this one is different, all thanks to the quinoa. Quinoa is packed with protein and fibre, both of which will keep you feeling satisfied.
This Quinoa salad is not just super healthy and refreshing, it is extremely delicious as well! In the summer, this salad will leave you feeling super light and refreshing. I can guarantee it will become a staple food option for many people.
- A plant-based source of protein
- High fibre content
- A source of antioxidants
- Good source of iron
- A source of folate and manganese
- It’s a gluten-free grain
Finally, a few more recipes from my blog
Quinoa Salad – A Healthy Treat
- Mixing bowl
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
For The Salad
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley/coriander leaves
- 7-8 cubes goat cheese (optional)
For The Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
To prepare quinoa
- Rinse quinoa properly in a fine mesh strainer. Place the quinoa, 2 3/4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Refrigerate until cooled completely, 10 to 15 minutes
To Make The Dressing :
- Place 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tsp crushed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine
Assemble the Salad
- Add the cooled quinoa and toss to combine and evenly coat in the dressing.
- Coarsely chop enough parsley/ coriander leaves to get 1/2 cup and add to the bowl. You can add roughly chopped goat cheese to enhance the taste of the salad Serve it chilled.
For more such recipes do visit my blog categories HEALTHY AND TASTY DIET FOOD
A Food Blog With Easy to Understand Recipes CLear Discriptions With Pictures And Vedios To Make Restaurent Like Food At Home…