Capsicum & Onion Masala || Capsicum curry || Subz Dilkhush
Sabz Dilkhush or Onion Capsicum Masala, is a delicious and spicy recipe which you can prepared in less than 20 minutes. You can serve this dish as a side dish with steamed rice or indian breads like Naan, Tandoori Roti and Kulcha.
This recipe for Sabz Dilkhush makes this dish unique in comparison with other north indian or punjabi curries. Generally, Punjabi gravies are made from onion and tomato with cashew paste and cream. However, in this recipe, I have used a slightly different base so that vegans can enjoy this dish too.
In fact, I have devised this recipe, using simple ingredients. When made this dish will have a unique flavour which will make it finger-licking and irresistible. This dish is loved by people of all age groups.
A simple, easy to make and rich gravy made with onion, tomato and capsicum. Unlike other traditional punjabi curries, the recipe has a unique combination of spices with besan (chickpea flour) making Sabz Dilkhush a unique curry.
Sabz Dilkhush – Tasty & UniqueCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Subz Dilkhush is a very spicy and tasty with a uniqueness of creamy texture without adding cream.
1 capsicum (square cut)1 onion (square cut)
1/2 Bell pepper chopped
1 onion finely chopped
1 big Tomato finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 green chilli chopped
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
2 Tbsp oil
2 tbsp curd
2 tsp chickpea flour (Besan)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt as per taste
1 tsp garam masala
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed in it wait till splutter, add chopped and slice onion stir for a minute and add ginger garlic paste to it. stir well for two minutes or till color of onion turn light brown.
- Now add gram flour and stir well for 2-3 minutes, keep stirring till besan start to roast , add green chilli and chopped tomatoes in it stir well, now add 1 tbsp of tomato puree in it, keep stirring.
- Add salt, red chilli powder,turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well and stir for another 2 min.
- Sabj Dilkhush is now ready to serve. Serve hot with Roti, Naan Or Tandoori Roti and Enjoy.
- Add finely chopped capsicum ,water for desired consistency, adjust salt and cook for about 5 minutes till the capcicum is cooked. Add curd and stir well cook for another 2-3 min. Add chopped coriander to garnish.
- FOR DETAILED RECIPE IN HINDI WATCH VIDEO
- Cut Onion and capsicum in big pieces to get desired crunch.
- carefully roast besan, do not over roast it. over or under roasting will spoil the taste.
- running out of puree don’t worry use tomato ketchup instead.
- You can add bell pepper also to add color in the sabji
Latest on blog
baking basic recipe Bhindi chaat cocktail snacks cottage cheese diet food Dip dry curry easy recipe easy to cook halwa health recipes healthy healthy breakfast healthy breakfast options healthy drink healthy salad healthy salad options how to bake how to cook how to make Indian Breads Indian cuisine indian curries indian curry Indian food indian fudge indian snacks Indian streetfood Indian sweet mango middle eastern paneer puddings raw mango Refreshing Drink rice salad simple curry stuffed bread stuffed indian flatbread Tahini vegetarian vegetarian food