Today I am sharing a perfect quick dessert i.e. Baked Mango yogurt. The best thing about this dessert is that it can be made in many variations, you can use any fruit or flavour of your choice to make this pudding/ dessert.
The only thing I love about Summers are Mangoes!! I love everything about this fruit. I am basically a fruit lover. But there are some fruits I like and this is the only fruit I love! Making a dessert with Mango is a little difficult for me, as I end up eating half of it most of the times. This mango yogurt was a long due, I plan to post this recipe almost every year but I can never save it for a good click!
It’s always a good idea to have an easy-to-make dessert recipe handy. And in the season of mangoes, I have just the thing for you. Yup, baked mango yogurt!
Baked Mango Yogurt is a refreshing dessert which is so simple and tasty. Here in this dessert preparation, I have added mango puree, because, it gives a nice colour to the yogurt. My kids loved this Mango Yogurt very much. In fact, my kids are yogurt lovers and they can have yogurt in any form.
Making it is just as simple: just mix the core ingredients (listed below), and bake the mixture for 15- 20 mins. Note that you shouldn’t overcook the yogurt as it firms up when it cools as well. If you do overcook it, it will end up tasting and feeling like dry paneer/tofu.
Honestly, this recipe is so easy to make that sharing a step by step recipe is not required. You just have to mix every thing together I am sure you will able to do it easily. In case of any doubts feel free to ask me in comment section and I will reply immediately.
What is water bath?
For oven-bound water baths, pour in enough simmering water to reach half to three-quarters of the way up the sides of the mould (so the top portion doesn’t overcook), replenishing it when necessary during baking. To avoid accidentally sloshing water into the food, I add boiling water from a kettle after I’ve put the pan in the oven. To prevent a skin from forming on a smooth custard, no need to cover the mold or ramekins.
What is a difference between double boiler and water bath?
Water baths and double boilers are the cook’s solution to making or warming delicate foods, particularly egg-based sauces or custards, that would curdle, break, or scorch with too much heat. Water baths, surround the dish by hot or simmering water, and in a double boiler, the food is in a bowl suspended above it. In both cases, the water tempers the heat to permit gentle, even cooking. In this recipe I am using Water bath technique
Lastly, if you’re looking for more such delicious dessert recipes follow my blog and check out the category ‘Desserts’.
Baked Mango YogurtCourse: Dessert, puddingDifficulty: Easy
Mango Baked Yogurt is a delicious dessert recipe that you can have in any season, however it is more loved in summers. This is an easy-to-make dessert recipe.
Double cream – 1 cup
Greek yogurt/ Any thick yogurt/ Hung curd -1 cup
Condensed milk- 1 cup
Mango chopped- 1 large
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
Mango essence- 1/2 tsp
Mango purée-1 cup (here I used fresh mango purée)
- Preheat the oven to180 °C
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the above ingredients except mango and mango puree and whisk well without any lumps.
- Add mango pieces and 3 Tbsp mango purée after whisking is done .
- Divide the mixture equally into the ovenproof bowls/ramekins.
- Top every ramekins with mango purée
- Take a baking tray and fill it with water to halfway and then place the bowls into the water.
- Place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it is set.
- Once it is baked, carefully remove the bowls from the water and allow it to cool completely before serving.
- like to serve baked yoghurt when it is cold, so I kept in the fridge for 2 hours and I garnished with few mango chunks.
- Here we are using the water bath method to bake the yogurt.
- You can prepare this baked yoghurt without adding mango puree also.
- If fresh mango is not available you can use tinned mango too.