- Crispy Turai || Tori Ki Sabji
Crispy Turai or Ridge Gourd recipe – easy homely recipe of crispy ridge gourd bhaji. Ridge gourd is also called tori or turai in Hindi and dodka in Marathi.
This is a dry sabzi and goes very well as a side dish with chapatis or dal-rice. You can also pack it in the tiffin box with some chapatis.
Moreover,turai is a summer vegetable and a very versatile vegetable you can make it dry, with Tari, latpati and crispy. You can make pakodas out of it you can stuff it with masalas or just make a simple boil with little lemon juice. However, this particular style is adapted from North Indian cuisine where arvi and potatoes are made this way. Try this special healthy summer vegetable and let me know how you like it.
Ridge gourd, or turai or tori, may often be looked at as a bland and slimy vegetable, but did you know it is a rich source of fibre, Vitamin C, iron and other nutrients, besides being low in calories. Here are some benefits of the nutrient-rich ridge gourd.
- Helps in reducing inflammation.
- Ideal for weight loss
- Helps in controlling diabetes
- Reducing heat in the body
- Prevents premature greying and hair fall
Finally, I would like to suggest you a few more recipes from my blog
- Dudhi Kajuchi Sonari Amti || Lauki Kaju ki Sabji
- Aloo Vadi Sabji || How to make Aloo Wadiyan
- LAUKI PANEER KI SABJI
- How To Make Gawar Phali || Cluster Beans Curry
- TAMATAR KA BHARTA ‘ TOMATO CURRY’
- Baingan Bharta Recipe- Punjabi Style
Crispy TuraiCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Tori (Ridge Gourd) – 4
Besan (Gram Flour) – 2 cups
Chopped Ginger – 1/4th cup
Carrom Seeds – 2 tsp Roasted (Sesame Seeds)
Til – 1 tsp
Flaxseeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Chopped – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4th cup
Salt – to taste
Chopped Green Chillies – 4-5
Chilly powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Water – as required (a little less than 1 cup)
Chat Masala – to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Cut Tori into long slices. Take a bowl of cold water and place the tori in it.
- In a bowl add gram flour and rice flour add the carom seeds and flax seeds.
- Add to it chopped ginger and coriander. Mix in chopped chillies. Add red chilly powder and salt. Add water and mix well.
- Prepare a batter to well coat the vegetables (Tori). Heat oil in a deep pan (kadhai)Drop in pieces of tori and deep fry till reddish in colour.
- Place on a kitchen napkin for excess oil to evaporate. Sprinkle Chat Masala. Serve hot with ketchup and garnished with green chillies.